Clarence Clarity AMA

Teeeee

First of all, thank you so much for agreeing to interact with our little corner of the internet. It's really exciting! And thank you to @gaporter for bringing your body of work to our attention!

The album is so mind blowing. The first listen is almost disorienting. But each listen reveals more, it's unlike any other album I've listened to. . Are there particular aspects to lyrics or songs that you are particularly proud of?

Which artist, living or otherwise, would you love to collaborate that you have not had the opportunity to do so yet?

brndnshv

Hey Clarence!

I've noticed water shows up pretty frequently thoughout the lyrics and samples of your songs (and even a couple remixes). Mentions of the rain, tides, and the sea can be found in the lyrics of With No Fear and Adam and the Evil; Vapid Feels Ain't Vapid opens with waves crashing on a beach and Next Best Thing transitions with a booming thunderstorm. And that's just to name a few.

I was wondering if this motif of water spanning your work is intentional and if it holds any sort of significance to you?

Teeeee

We've received replies and the second post has been updated.

Or click here if yer feelin' lazy.
Thank you for doing this and kicking ass, yet again, Colonel!

I loved this quote: "If you literally mean the way I sing - it was originally meant to be a combination of Justin Timberlake and Devendra Banhart, but sorta evolved naturally from there." I giggled and then said, yes, absolutely, that is a perfect description. Lol

siremobunny

Aww darn... no response to my question about the album art. I guess it shall remain a mystery. The responses to the questions that did get answered are interesting though.