Christmas Music

What is everyone’s favorite Christmas Album and song.

My favorite Album is A Joyful Sound by Kelly Finnegan and My favorite song is Every Single Christmas by JD McPherson. I know these are both recent, but they’ve become things I have to hear during the season. I believe I’ve listened to the Finnegan more than any other single Christmas album ever.

My favorite Album is A Joyful Sound by Kelly Finnegan and My favorite song is Every Single Christmas by JD McPherson. I know these are both recent, but they’ve become things I have to hear during the season. I believe I’ve listened to the Finnegan more than any other single Christmas album ever.
Low - Christmas EP
Vince Guarladi Trio - Charlie Brown Christmas
Ella Fitzgerald Wishes You a Swingin Christmas
Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song (album)

Favorite songs are Cole's version of O Holy Night, Fairytale of New York, Wizzard's I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday, Prine's Christmas in Prison, and Low's version of The Little Drummer Boy. Of course appreciate the Crosby, Spector and other classics too.

This was a fun discovery this morning. Winter Weather is one of my favorite Christmas songs. Love the Peggy Lee and Benny Goodman version and this one is really good. Love To Keep Me Warm has bits of that in it.

Last edited:

Kelly Finnegan is currently #6 all time in my last.fm scribbles. It will for sure be #5 by the end of the season. The next play or two will over take Kiwanuka. The real question is : will it knock Sumney’s Grae out of #4?

McPherson’s Socks is the next album in my all time list currently sitting at #59.

There's some wild Christmas singles/EPs out this year. The "reimagining" weird duo tops the list: did we need Teenage Dirtbag reimagined? Or Sabrina Carpenter's Christmas Nonsense (though Nonsense is kind of a banger)? WELL HERE YA GO (OK Sabrina seems like it was late last year or early this year but the EP is out, and it's the spiritual successor to Lady Gaga's Christmas Tree, one of the more absurd modern Xmas tunes)

There's some wild Christmas singles/EPs out this year. The "reimagining" weird duo tops the list: did we need Teenage Dirtbag reimagined? Or Sabrina Carpenter's Christmas Nonsense (though Nonsense is kind of a banger)? WELL HERE YA GO (OK Sabrina seems like it was late last year or early this year but the EP is out, and it's the spiritual successor to Lady Gaga's Christmas Tree, one of the more absurd modern Xmas tunes)

Much appreciative of the Sabrina release!

Back