Christmas Music Daily Vinyl Challenge 2019

Day 7 - from my childhood

Run DMC - Christmas in Hollis

Well, I'm having to stretch the rules a bit here as I won't finish the challenge due to a. going away for Christmas and b. not having enough Xmas records. This is one of my favourite Xmas songs and I guess it's on an EP but the whole thing is not Christmas (hope it's ok). Not sure I was aware of this as an 8-year-old but I've loved it for a long time - and the other songs on here aren't too shabby either.

20191207_204857.jpg

Day 6 - Oldest
The Three Suns - A Ding Ding Dandy Christmas

This is an original from 1959. This is actually my third oldest, I think. Oldest recording is Bing Crosby, which I already used. I'm saving second oldest for the next day. Also, my version of the Elvis Christmas album is a 70s issue with songs from '66 and '70 tacked on, so I disqualified it. I believe the rest are from '57.

IMG_20191207_172542.jpg

This is a really interesting and fun album I don't think most people have heard. The write up on the back is pretty hilarious:

IMG_20191207_173249.jpg

Day 8 - It's not Christmas until I play...

20 Christmas Carol's from St George's Chapel

I somehow used to be a chorister so these carols are somewhere deep inside me. This record feels to me more purely like Christmas than any other. Spun it while decorating Gingerbread today only for a 4 year old to scratch In The Bleak Midwinter 😢 O Come All Ye Faithful my favourite of all.

20191208_124837.jpg

Cool Snowflakes !!
So i’m breaking rules a little, but this is 100% my
It’s not Christmas till i play moment. So although this is on my 6 record compilation which has been seen earlier i’m using it
- It’s Carol of the Bells - Johnny Mathis and i was gonna attach my video of it playing but that doesn’t appear possible unless i put it on You tube etc (which i don’t do) so have a you tube clip of same tune.....

Day 8 - It's not Christmas until I play...

20 Christmas Carol's from St George's Chapel

I somehow used to be a chorister so these carols are somewhere deep inside me. This record feels to me more purely like Christmas than any other. Spun it while decorating Gingerbread today only for a 4 year old to scratch In The Bleak Midwinter 😢 O Come All Ye Faithful my favourite of all.

View attachment 25533

Straight on the naughty list !

I think I'm missing a country Christmas album. I used to have the Willie Nelson - Pretty Paper, but either it was in the stack that went to goodwill or I left it at my Mom's last year and it is in her storage unit.

Back