Christmas Music Daily Vinyl Challenge 2019

mcherry

🥑
It's that time of year again, folks. Time for holiday music galore. We're calling it a Christmas music challenge but any Dec holiday will do, as long as the album is known to be associated with that holiday.

Have any questions, please tag myself or my Xmas music co-conspirator @GritNGlitter

Day 1 starts now!

We're gonna play this challenge the same way we did last year.

Rules:
1. Match the day's theme
2. Don't repeat an album if someone else has already played it for that day (it's okay to play an album that's been played on a different day)
3. The pic has to be of your own copy
4. LPs or EPs only, no singles
5. It's okay to post late but don't post early. Each day's official start will be 12pm Eastern

Day's themes:
1. A red Christmas record
2. A record with Santa on the cover
3. A record with the song “Sleigh Ride”
4. A Charlie Brown Christmas Day – play your variant! We all play the same thing!
5. Spin while decorating
6. Oldest record (by original release date)
7. Record from your childhood
8. “It’s not Christmas until I play…”
9. A country Christmas record
10. Has a song used in a Christmas movie
11. Wearing a sweater on the cover
12. A various artists Christmas
13. A record with the song “Winter Wonderland”
14. Spin while it’s snowing
15. A jazz Christmas record
16. A green Christmas record
17. A Christmas tree on the cover
18. Instrumental Christmas album
19. Soundtrack Soundtrack Soundtrack!!!
20. A gimmicky or novelty Christmas record
21. Favorite album to singalong to
22. Sung by a choir
23. An album you received as a Christmas gift (it's okay if this album is not Xmas themed)
24. A record with the song “White Christmas”
25. Anything you want (it's okay if this album is not Xmas themed)

So i wanna make sure i dont forget to start this off.
I have “Christmas Party Sing-Along -20 all time favourites” which is stretching that claim TBH !!!!
Now this is a shocking picture but im not home. Will update later......
See Vinyl on right behind my daughters big head (photo hog)

Edit : The bad boy in close up !

Attachments

• DC74FBF6-1A62-430B-AF58-05588DFB98BA.jpeg
    DC74FBF6-1A62-430B-AF58-05588DFB98BA.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks for starting this!

Are we expected to have 25 different Christmas albums? That's an impressive Christmas collection! I'll participate in the ones I can. Just put an album on that isn't red! I'll catch up.

Thanks for starting this!

Are we expected to have 25 different Christmas albums? That's an impressive Christmas collection! I'll participate in the ones I can. Just put an album on that isn't red! I'll catch up.
Yes, at least that much. If someone plays that day what you would have picked for that day, you’ll have to pick something else.

Yes, at least that much. If someone plays that day what you would have picked for that day, you’ll have to pick something else.
Thanks! I was less clear on whether it was frowned upon to post the same album for different days.

I'm really going to have to work on my Christmas collection to actually hit all the days next year.

Thanks! I was less clear on whether it was frowned upon to post the same album for different days.

I'm really going to have to work on my Christmas collection to actually hit all the days next year.
If different days it’s not a problem. But you can’t use one you’ve already played so if the collection is small, best to strategize. :)

Back