Christmas Music Daily Vinyl Challenge 2019

Day 17: Christmas Tree

Mannheim Steamroller ‎– Christmas

American Gramaphone Records ‎– AG1984, 1984/1985

Cut by Clete Baker at Sound Recorders

YJ8uNa.jpg

H06uXA.jpg

Day 19: Soundtrack Day!!!

I really only got into this movie once my wife and I were together. She loves it, so I've seen it more over the last ~20 years and it's grown on me.

Danny Elfman ‎– Scrooged (Original Motion Picture Score)
Enjoy The Ride Records ‎– ETR096, 2011/2019

Limited to 150 on Black & White swirl - "Reaper Swirl"

Pressed at GZ

aQ63IW.jpg

DiVqqQ.jpg

Just for fun:

Kind of an odd Christmas special, but I love Bill Murray and the duet with Chris Rock is painfully funny :)

Last edited:
Danny Elfman ‎– Scrooged (Original Motion Picture Score)

I highly recommend this one if you like Danny Elfman scores - specifically his Batman score - as there are quite a few cues that sound like he used them on that film, too.

Along with some traditional Christmas arraignments.

Day 19 - Soundtrack

I should probably just admit defeat here, but I'm going with a stretch instead. While not a Christmas movie, the end of Heartworn Highways features a party on Christmas Eve, and Rodney Crowell sings Silent Night.

This lack of Xmas soundtracks is a big hole in my collection that I need to fix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191219-170145.jpg
    Screenshot_20191219-170145.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 2
Day 19 - Soundtrack

I should probably just admit defeat here, but I'm going with a stretch instead. While not a Christmas movie, the end of Heartworn Highways features a party on Christmas Eve, and Rodney Crowell sings Silent Night.

This lack of Xmas soundtracks is a big hole in my collection that I need to fix.
Ha! I can't come close to 25 different Christmas yet - just glad I can post of few of them. I did get some great recommendations here and have already picked up a few more that I really enjoy, so thanks again to all for posting. I'm still trying to figure out if/how I can squeeze the actually albums I do have into the categories left...

Ha! I can't come close to 25 different Christmas yet - just glad I can post of few of them. I did get some great recommendations here and have already picked up a few more that I really enjoy, so thanks again to all for posting. I'm still trying to figure out if/how I can squeeze the actually albums I do have into the categories left...

I love seeing everyone else's posts too, there are so many other Xmas records I want to pick up!

Back