Cables - one of the most taboo subjects in audio

Belden BJC's ordered! Will also probably pick up one of these this month to get everything out of the simple power strip I have everything in at the moment.

or

Not quite sure which one would be better of if it'd even matter much.
I use that firman on my tv/soundbar it fixed all the signal issues I was having there.

This is what I’m running on the hifi:

It got rid of some issues I was having there.

Not sure which is better or does more conditioning. I do know this is a vast and costly rabbit hole.

I got one of these in a sale but it’s probably overkill and didn’t fix my noise issue. Didn’t notice much if any difference

I must say it's truly my least inspired purchase. But it hides under my cabinet amidst the dust bunnies and dog hair so style be damned, just protect (and condition) my precious's.

Yeah to be fair mine is so big and so ugly that it didn’t fit behind the tele or the rack so I had to get a big white box to hide it and all the cables in!

Yeah to be fair mine is so big and so ugly that it didn’t fit behind the tele or the rack so I had to get a big white box to hide it and all the cables in!
My true shame is my cable management situation. Or rather, complete lack thereof. It's scandalous. There's just no way to fix it however so I'm resigned to it. But we HATES it precious...

My true shame is my cable management situation. Or rather, complete lack thereof. It's scandalous. There's just no way to fix it however so I'm resigned to it. But we HATES it precious...

Mine isn’t great to be honest but Velcro ties and that big box at least hides a lot of it from plain sight!

Mine isn’t great to be honest but Velcro ties and that big box at least hides a lot of it from plain sight!
Random, disorganized cable management can sound much better than organized, improper cable management. The worst offense is coiling cables, especially power cables, to take up the slack of longer than necessary cable lengths. There are some basic rules that can be followed without getting obsessive about how it all looks.

Random, disorganized cable management can sound much better than organized, improper cable management. The worst offense is coiling cables, especially power cables, to take up the slack of longer than necessary cable lengths. There are some basic rules that can be followed without getting obsessive about how it all looks.

No power or audio cables are coiled and power cables are separated from the audio ones. It’s just a case of having an open front and backed racks and not wanting to look at a birds nest of cables from my seat.

There are fundamental safety reasons, audio quality notwithstanding, not to coil power cables taking a high power draw.

Rebuilt Thorens from vinyl Nirvana with a SAE1000E going into a Sutherland insight into a NAD316BEE going out to my Denton 80s. I had the same issue on my Rotel 1570A amp with the other parts of the chain the same and with my Jolida phono too. At this point I’m assuming it’s something with my home wiring.
That sounds like the “conducted RFI” case Lutron describes.
I’ve also got a SurgeX.

I use this monstrosity. So far no complaints and zero noise.
That’s neither made out of teak or the smelted remnants of a railway yard! I expect more style!
You need one of these conditioners. Machined aluminum, Brazilian rosewood, audiophile capacitors...
il_794xN.2207697090_q7yc.jpg

Back