Bugs

I'm back from Visiting family over Easter.

I don't see any issues with image uploads or that there were any.

By any chance did you toggle bb code off?

This icon on the rich text box: 1650314272761.png

If it's toggled off you can't attach images.

Is there an issue with embedded content?

I’ve noticed recently that it’s hit or miss whether instagram posts will show and an Apple Music playlist I tried to post there isn’t working either.

Cheers!

I'll take a look later today to see if their are any updates available to the media embed plugin installed. Chances are Apple Music and Instagram updated their APIs.

Is it me, or does the stretched reactions keep coming and going. I was seeing them all morning and now not at all.

Has support for Tidal been added yet?

This is the plugin we use. It doesn't look like it supports Tidal at this time.

Going to update us to the latest version in a moment though for some bug fixes and a couple new platforms.

Last edited:
Photo / attachment uploads are temporarily disabled.

I want to migrate all the assets from the former CDN to AWS S3 but it's taking forever.

Drag and drop of photos will be back soon.
Thanks! I figured it was something to do with that. Saw some photos sneaking through, but wasn't sure if we had to make different moves.

Just an FYI emails are currently not working from the forum and I'm actively still working with Amazon to resolve it.

The biggest impact is new member registrations can't be verified and if you forgot you password the password reset email will not come.

The issue is out email is still in "Sandbox" on AWS and there is a lot more red tape to get through to move it to production as an attempt to crack down on spammers. While in Sandbox emails are under a restriction. They can only be send to other email address verified within the AWS region. So that means, most everyone's email address is not verified right now and will not receive them.

Essentially, we have to put a support ticket in with Amazon to move out email service out of Sandbox and move to production. The support request needs to explain our email use case and takes 24 to 48 hours to be completed. My first attempt at the request to move us out of sandbox was denied by Amazon. Apparently the use case of "Integration with XenForo Community Forum Software" wasn't specific enough and they need to know how XenForo is sending emails, managing the mailing lists, bounces and unsubscribe requests in full detail..

Attempt 2 was submitted to Amazon this morning. Will keep everyone posted on this.

I'm aware that for those of us who got the new iPhone 15 Pro's can't upload images to the forum. Assuming it's because images are 24 mega pixels instead of 12 now be default on the main camera.

Just tried uploaded some now spinning pics taken with my new phone and was rejected with an error staging the attachment was too large to upload. Which boggles my mind, because the current setting allows up to 50mb per attachment. The image is only 2.4mb when airdropped to my Mac, but it's in HEIC and not JPEG as my phone uploads. So, I'm not getting a true sense of the size of the file it's trying to upload.

I'm going to investigate this and tweak some settings to see if I can resolve this issue.

I'm unable to post reactions in the Buy Sell Trade forum. I can in other forums, but not there.

Back