Biggest Vinyl Regrets & Misses

I pre-ordered the blue version of the Call Me By Your Name soundtrack from Amazon for 30$ and decided to cancel it at the last minute for some unknown reason. Now it sells for around 200$. I'm sure there's lots of others, but I'd rather not try to remember.

I still feel pretty lucky since I bought a lot of the records mentioned in this thread for cheap (De La, Both Frank Oceans, Wrens, Igor, The Mono Beatles for $89CDN...I still can't believe how cheap that was, especially for Canadians).

This one right here

I thought it would be around a little longer than it was.

De La Soul Is Dead is another.
The alternate cover/mint vinyl version of IGOR is setting up to be added to the list.
IGOR has been killing me. Not even the standard is available anymore.

So many missed opportunities. The one that pisses me off *on the daily* is the Cowboy Junkies “Trinity Revisited.” So many times I had it in my cart and I was perpetually waiting for a coupon code or sale, no big deal, it’ll be there, right? Wrong. Out of print. Now the first dude to slam it on to Discogs stuck it at nearly $200 and the lemmings all followed suit.

See now I’m all pissed off again.
Which version? I have the 2-LP 200 gram version, and it’s $45 US, about what I paid. https://www.discogs.com/Cowboy-Junkies-The-Trinity-Session/release/9253203

I can't imagine a repress won't come *eventually*. My guess is Tyler wanted to sell it through his own store first, then maybe release it generally later down the line. This album was too big for a "limited edition" pressing
I sure hope so, because damn I need this album baaadddd. Probably in my top 10 for the year

Ladytron - Velocifero

Local shop had two copies (one of which they basically ordered for me, because they knew I was a fan), but I thought $27 was too spicy for a record I didn't love when it first came out. To be fair, $27 was pricey in 2008... but not as pricey as the current Discogs rate (anywhere from $125 and $300). It's a good effing album, too.

(I have tons of other vinyl regrets but that's the first one that comes to mind.)

This one right here

I thought it would be around a little longer than it was.

De La Soul Is Dead is another.
The alternate cover/mint vinyl version of IGOR is setting up to be added to the list.
This Outkast
CAKE box set

My regret is not buying enough cardboard boxes to pack all my records when I made a sudden, and what turned out to be a permanent, move back to Korea from the United States.

I could pack only about 80 percent of my record collection with the boxes I bought before the movers arrived, and had to leave a few hundred records to a friend who helped out with the last-minute clearout. He then shared most of them with other friends as he was a very nice guy.

I did not check the inventory until much later, but ended up losing, among others, Iron Maiden first ten years 12 inch singles, Prince original 12 inch singles, and Led Zeppelin II SS RL pressing.

Back