Biggest Vinyl Regrets & Misses

gaporter

Idk if there's a thread like this or not already, let me know if there is

This is the thread for "the one(s) that got away." Deals you missed out on, records you never bought when you had the chance, etc.

I'll go ahead and share mine. There was a copy of this (https://www.discogs.com/Laura-Stevenson-And-The-Cans-Sit-Resist/release/2817158) that was up for quite a while for just $14.99 that, despite being tempted a few times, I never actually pulled the trigger on. Now, I can't find it anywhere. It's like it dropped off the face of the earth, so, needless to say, I feel pretty stupid for not getting it for such a steal when I had the chance.

Last edited:
Had SS Decontrol's "Kids Will Have Their Say" in hand but bought something else that fateful day. I still hold out hope for time travel.

So many missed opportunities. The one that pisses me off *on the daily* is the Cowboy Junkies “Trinity Revisited.” So many times I had it in my cart and I was perpetually waiting for a coupon code or sale, no big deal, it’ll be there, right? Wrong. Out of print. Now the first dude to slam it on to Discogs stuck it at nearly $200 and the lemmings all followed suit.

See now I’m all pissed off again.

i regret not buying 10 grand worth of Blond records when it dropped and paying off my student loan debt with the profits.

Mine is like the opposite of this, I flipped a copy of Endless and I regret it. It's the only time I've ever done it, I listen to every other album I bought for retail that has now appreciated.
I'm not a huge Frank Ocean fan, but I didn't want to miss out after what happened with Blond so I bought one anyway and when it arrived it was too tempting to 'trade' it for a few other albums I knew I'd like more.

Apart from that I regret not getting into vinyl earlier, it feels like there were a lot of good deals around just before I started collecting, and I'd been thinking starting for ages.

my biggest regret leads to a long story.
Once upon I time I had a small 1 bed apartment in my hometown in Italy, where my tiny collection was stored.
My collection was made of records bought with limited funds and very slowly.
One strength of the collection was my refusal to give into the arrival of CDs, and I insisted in buying vinyl from 89 to 95, when it became almost impossible to find new releases on vinyl.

I then moved away, left the country, traveled a bit, and married and established my new home in Ireland.
I never went back to move out of my apartments, my parents did the furniture removal and a couple of years ago they packed my records and sent them to me.
That was the moment when I learned that over 60% of my small collection had disappeared.

I lost my whole Prince collection (from For You all the way to Batman), Pearl Jam (Ten, Vitalogy), De La Soul (3FHaR, is Dead, Bulhoone ) and Beastie Boys (Pauls Boutique), plus various others.
Navigating Discogs I can comfortably say that each record I lost is now valued from a minimum of 30 € up (I paid probably the corresponding amount of 9 or 10 € of today per record).
Just as an example, if I still had my copy of Mr Bungle - Disco Volante, it would be valued between 75 (median) and 140 (max) €.

I'm trying to recover the old pieces, but it's not the same...

Idk if there's a thread like this or not already, let me know if there is

This is the thread for "the one(s) that got away." Deals you missed out on, records you never bought when you had the chance, etc.

I'll go ahead and share mine. There was a copy of this (https://www.discogs.com/Laura-Stevenson-And-The-Cans-Sit-Resist/release/2817158) that was up for quite a while for just $14.99 that, despite being tempted a few times, I never actually pulled the trigger on. Now, I can't find it anywhere. It's like it dropped off the face of the earth, so, needless to say, I feel pretty stupid for not getting it for such a steal when I had the chance.
Update: there's now one of these on sale over on Discogs for $25, and I can't afford it.

Be careful what you wish for, people.

Stakes Is High at the local shop for like $20 or less.

Black sabbath master of reality white label promo, cheap at the same shop.

To balance that out, several of my best scores have been at the same shop.

Back