Best Music of 2021

For those that don’t know Lingua Ignota, I highly recommend her music and albums. @Rip_City introduced me to her particular brand of Cathedral core last year and I’ve been in love ever since. So you know I preordered!

Do You Doubt Me Traitor still gives me chills every. Single. Time. 👏👏👏

Yesssssssssssssssssss ❤️

WARNING: Her music is not for the faint of heart.

For those that don’t know Lingua Ignota, I highly recommend her music and albums. @Rip_City introduced me to her particular brand of Cathedral core last year and I’ve been in love ever since. So you know I preordered!

Ah yes, this will be a perfect accompaniment to my morning coffee and newspaper on Sunday mornings before the children awaken

Oh shit, I was somewhat familiar and didn't realize it! A former co-worker of mine was really into All Bitches Die last summer but her name didn't stick with me - recognized the album cover immediately though. Digging in for a more proper listen now, beginning with the new single and "Do You Doubt Me Traitor"

Last edited:
Just discovered this on Bandcamp. It's a post-rock/neoclassical album from a French quartet: BRUIT ≤ with their debut album The machine is burning and now everyone knows it could happen again. This is honestly some of the best post-rock I've heard in awhile 😯

Wow! Yeah. This made me feel feelings for sure!

Just discovered this on Bandcamp. It's a post-rock/neoclassical album from a French quartet: BRUIT ≤ with their debut album The machine is burning and now everyone knows it could happen again. This is honestly some of the best post-rock I've heard in awhile 😯

Reposting this so I remember to give this a listen later

Thanks to @avecigrec I'm absolutely obsessed with Amysthys Kiah. Here's a reprise of Moby's Natural Blues Blues featuring Amysthys 💙

So happy to be sharing the joy and obsession with someone! I didn't know about this, though. I've generally avoided Moby for many years now but love Amythyst Kiah so much that I'll have to forgo that avoidance and check this out!

Perhaps I could provide some, although based on you checking out AlbumOfTheYear each week, you may already be aware of these:

Lost Girls - Menneskekollektivet [ambient house, spoken word, art pop] (because you like Kelly Lee Owens, Jenny Hval)
Genesis Owusu - Smiling With No Teeth [experimental R&B, neo-soul] (because you like Billy Woods, D'Angelo, Yves Tumor)
Danielle Durack - No Place [singer-songwriter, indie pop] (because you like Phoebe Bridgers, soccer mommy, Julien Baker)
Sons of Kemet - Black to the Future [nu-jazz, spiritual jazz] (because you like The Comet is Coming, Moses Boyd)
CHANCE デラソウル - Afterparty [plunderphonics, future funk] (because you like The Avalanches)

I'm also going to venture on an educated guess: Although I see Iceage - Seek Shelter resides among your favorites, you did not enjoy other post-punk offerings from the likes of Dry Cleaning, Squid, and Black Country, New Road. I will forgo those suggestions, even if I may enjoy the latter two very much so.

Thanks. Somehow missed this post until now.

Side note, REALLY enjoying Audrey Nuna's album "A Liquid Breakfast" and like Wolf Alice and Japanese Breakfast's new releases though I'm still figuring out how much so.

Back