Best Music of 2021

Hopefully this shows up in the US. This is my favorite release so far this year, but didn't want to waste my time/money with the 8 track version. I would love a 2xLP bonus track version as well!

That Celeste is available in her webstore state-side, but it's $45 shipped :(

On recordstore.co.uk it's also offered including a signed art card.

But shipping is probably similiar.

Favorite albums from March 2021:

The Antlers - Green To Gold
Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over the Country Club
Middle Kids - Today We're The Greatest
Arab Strap - As Days Get Dark
tUnE-yArDs - Sketchy
William Doyle - Great Spans of Muddy Times
Genesis Owusu - Smiling With No Teeth
For Those I Love - For Those I Love
Danz CM - The Absurdity of Human Existence

I don't know that I would put LDR in the top tier category, maybe very good album but that's subjective, nevertheless you and I are about the only people on this forum who seem to have an appreciation for Chemtrails Over the Country Club 🤷‍♂️
I really love Chemtrails too. I can see why the reaction is pretty muted, or disappointed. But for me? It really hits the spot. It's not overly long, and I really love how subtle it all is. White Dress...god, it's just one of my favorite songs of the year and an excellent start to the album. The whole thing has just kept growing on me, and i keep wanting to pull it out to listen to it above many other things right now.

Lots of new music today!

Xiu Xiu
The Antlers
Death From Above 1979
Real Estate

and more that I'm eager to check out
How is the new Antlers? I loved Hospice, really loved Burst Apart, but just kinda fell off during Familiars. I think that one had some good stuff on it, but it never fully clicked with me.

I really love Chemtrails too. I can see why the reaction is pretty muted, or disappointed. But for me? It really hits the spot. It's not overly long, and I really love how subtle it all is. White Dress...god, it's just one of my favorite songs of the year and an excellent start to the album. The whole thing has just kept growing on me, and i keep wanting to pull it out to listen to it above many other things right now.
I don't own it on vinyl but I'm definitely tempted in getting it as it keeps growing on me as well.

How is the new Antlers? I loved Hospice, really loved Burst Apart, but just kinda fell off during Familiars. I think that one had some good stuff on it, but it never fully clicked with me.
It's absolutely beautiful but don't take by word for it go listen to it!

Back