Best Music of 2021

There have been wars over less!

Loving the Canadian (US) scene right now!
Just to clarify, when I said “UK (Irish)” I didn’t imply that Ireland is part of the UK. They (Fontaines) get grouped in with all of those bands in “the UK post-punk scene” even though they’re Irish. That’s it. I think I was being misconstrued.

Just to clarify, when I said “UK (Irish)” I didn’t imply that Ireland is part of the UK. They (Fontaines) get grouped in with all of those bands in “the UK post-punk scene” even though they’re Irish. That’s it. I think I was being misconstrued.

Yeah that’s really unclear perhaps using UK & Ireland rather than the brakets actually conveys that? But also no real offence taken, I was just teasing back really to make a point.

LOL, sorry. I didn’t think any explanation was necessary but if we’re clarifying things, I was making a joke more about how sensitive the Irish are about being grouped together with the UK within any context. I didn’t mean to suggest that you were ignorant to the geopolitical history or structure of the country’s that currently reside on the British Isles. Furthermore, I was really just taking the opportunity to post a Simpsons gif.

LOL, sorry. I didn’t think any explanation was necessary but if we’re clarifying things, I was making a joke more about how sensitive the Irish are about being grouped together with the UK within any context. I didn’t mean to suggest that you were ignorant to the geopolitical history or structure of the country’s that currently reside on the British Isles. Furthermore, I was really just taking the opportunity to post a Simpsons gif.

I think smaller countries generally are. There is a want to maintain that individual identity and so there is a resistance to being homologated into the bigger country next door by proxy. The politics and British actions over the last 800 years just add to the spice lol!

Last edited:
December anticipations...

Alicia Keys - Keys
Jeff Parker - Forfolks
Beverly Glenn-Copeland - Keyboard Fantasies Reimagined
Jamire Williams - But Only After You Have Suffered
Can - Can Live In Brighton 1975
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Les Panthére Des Neiges (Original Soundtrack)
Wajatta - Do You Even Care Anymore?
Moses Sumney - Live From Blackalachia

November favourites

Irreversible Entanglements - Open The Gates
Spectacular Diagnostics - Ancient Methods
Adele - 30
Melanie Charles - Y'all Don't (Really) Care About Black Women
Leo Nocentelli - Another Side
R.A.P. Ferreira - The Light Emitting Diamond Cutter Scriptures
Aesop Rock & Blockhead - Garbology
Makaya McCraven - Deciphering The Message
Joan As Police Woman, Tony Allen & Dave Okumu - The Solution is Restless
Sophie Hutching - Echoes in the Valley

Seeing The Weather Station top a lot of year end lists

ben-wyatt-adam-scott.gif

It's a perfectly fine 6/10 album, but up there with the best of the year..?

Guardian's SOTY list

Never heard of this blog nor do I recognize most of these artists/bands and albums 🤔

Back