Best Music of 2021

Any Steven Wilson fans out there? To be brief, he is one of my favorite artists/composers/producers of all time. He has a new solo album dropping January 29th (finally, it's been delayed since June 2020). It's called The Future Bites. Here is the music vid for one of the singles. I'm super pumped for this album, as Steven is completing a stylistic shift from prog rock/metal to more of an art pop/rock and electronic aesthetic. Evolution is necessary to remain cutting edge ✌

Admittedly I have never heard of him but like the sample size I've heard. 👍

Last edited:
I just picked up my first 2021 release, Kiwi Jr. - Cooler Returns and it is fantastic, I really loved their last release Football Money and this new one is more of the same. RIYL Indie Guitar Rock in the vein as Pavement. It’s too early to say if it will be on my AOTY list at this point but if they don’t make the cut it means it was a truly stellar release year.

Swedish producer, composer, and sound designer Catharina Jaunviksna, a.k.a. Badlands, has debuted her newest single, "Southbound Call". The dreamy anthem is the latest single from her upcoming album 'Djinn,' out March 5 on Jaunviksna's self-run label, RITE.

I heard this on the radio last night and I think it's rather nice. I think it was released this year.

R.A.P. Ferreira put out an album already, so 2021 is a success as far as I'm concerned
I'm hopeful we get another big project from him this year. Unless he changed it a lot, I think he had that one in the bag since later 2019. I think he just called it a mixtape back then. IIRC on a recent interview he said he had 1.5 more done.

I'm hopeful we get another big project from him this year. Unless he changed it a lot, I think he had that one in the bag since later 2019. I think he just called it a mixtape back then. IIRC on a recent interview he said he had 1.5 more done.
I heard him on Dad Bod Rap Pod recently and it sounds like there should be multiple projects this year

I just picked up my first 2021 release, Kiwi Jr. - Cooler Returns and it is fantastic, I really loved their last release Football Money and this new one is more of the same. RIYL Indie Guitar Rock in the vein as Pavement. It’s too early to say if it will be on my AOTY list at this point but if they don’t make the cut it means it was a truly stellar release year.
I've just listened to their album on Spotify, really great record, thanks for recommending. 🎶

Back