Best Music of 2020

My top 5 for the year so far

1. Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
2. Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters
3. Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure
4. Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA
5. U.S. Girls - Heavy Light

still quite a few albums i need to check out or give deeper listens to (perfume genius, rtj, haim etc) but my top 4 is so tight idk if they will top into that
Oh my gosh!!! We have to meet one day Matt because I dig all those 5 albums!!! 😍😍😍

That Jessie Ware album especially is ⭐💎🎯

My favourite albums of 2020 so far are:

1. Jessie Ware - What’s Your Pleasure
2. Yves Tumor - Heaven To A Tortured Mind
3. Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter
4. Denzel Curry x Kenny Beats - UNLOCKED
5. King Krule - Man Alive!
6. Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour
7. Run The Jewels - RTJ4
8. Moses Sumney - Grae
9. Poppy - I Disagree
10. Freddie Gibbs x The Alchemist - Alfredo

It’s been an awesome start to the decade so far! 🤟

My favourite albums of 2020 so far are:

1. Jessie Ware - What’s Your Pleasure
2. Yves Tumor - Heaven To A Tortured Mind
3. Laura Marling - Song For Our Daughter
4. Denzel Curry x Kenny Beats - UNLOCKED
5. King Krule - Man Alive!
6. Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour
7. Run The Jewels - RTJ4
8. Moses Sumney - Grae
9. Poppy - I Disagree
10. Freddie Gibbs x The Alchemist - Alfredo

It’s been an awesome start to the decade so far! 🤟
Number one through three and number eight probably would’ve been ahead of my number one last year

i am so happy to see the receptjon to JessieWare’s latest. She is such a special artist.
After “What’s Your Pleasure”, she certainly is a special artist! I’ve never cared for her past albums. Although she has a stunning voice, her past albums have all been quite bland and unexciting and safe...

What’s Your Pleasure however is the album of the year so far and has so much classy sex appeal, incrediblely punchy production and is endlessly fun! I can’t believe Jessie Ware came through with an album that amazing! Would have never guessed it! I’m so proud of her and am so happy for her too!

After “What’s Your Pleasure”, she certainly is a special artist! I’ve never cared for her past albums. Although she has a stunning voice, her past albums have all been quite bland and unexciting and safe...

What’s Your Pleasure however is the album of the year so far and has so much classy sex appeal, incrediblely punchy production and is endlessly fun! I can’t believe Jessie Ware came through with an album that amazing! Would have never guessed it! I’m so proud of her and am so happy for her too!

I think she’s shown flashes of greatness before, especially her first album. That is the album that made me realize that she was something a little different and I think people just wanted to compare her to Adele at the time.

She also just has a great personality and a fantastic very popular podcast that I think has made her more confident as an artist.

Nilufer Yanya- Miss Universe

it’s an album that I really love, but never really felt like the best album of any year to me
Mmmmmm interesting! I enjoyed Miss Universe but it didn’t make the top 20 cut! I absolutely love the track “In My Head”! It’s such a classic! 💯🎸

I would say Jessie Ware’s What’s Your Pleasure? and Yves Tumor’s Heaven To A Tortured Mind are on the same level as Billie Eilish’s WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?, Tyler The Creator’s IGOR and Weyes Blood’s Titanic Rising! 🏆🏆🏆

Omg McGlam, did you ever listen to Stella Donnelly’s Beware of The Dogs? 🐕🐕‍🦺🦮🐩 It such a cute, adorable, charming, innocent kind of album which has so much charisma, humour and a natural cool punk flair flavour to it! I dunno why but I feel like that could be one of your favourites of 2019!!! ✅

I blind bought the Jessie Ware album based on the rave reviews it's been getting on here, waiting for the vinyl to arrive to give it a proper full listen.
Yaaaaaaaaas Gap! You are in for a treat! 🍭🤫

You know how much I’ve been hyping that record up because it’s so deliciously sexy, cheeky, decadent and luxurious and VIP! 💎

Omg Gap! You’re literally gonna be the hottest girl having 100 gecs and all your crazy shit + Dorian Electra, Caroline Polachek, Charli XCX, SOPHIE kinda stuff on vinyl, and you’ve also got Kali Uchis’ Isolation on vinyl which is one of the coolest albums of the decade and Grace Jones’ Nightclubbing which is such a cool album too - one of the coolest of the 80’s! And oh my, you have your Yves Tumor and Danny Brown too and now you’re going to have What’s Your Pleasure? 🙌👄💃🕺

Can’t deal with how hot your music collection is already! 🔥🔥😍😍

Mmmmmm interesting! I enjoyed Miss Universe but it didn’t make the top 20 cut! I absolutely love the track “In My Head”! It’s such a classic! 💯🎸

I would say Jessie Ware’s What’s Your Pleasure? and Yves Tumor’s Heaven To A Tortured Mind are on the same level as Billie Eilish’s WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?, Tyler The Creator’s IGOR and Weyes Blood’s Titanic Rising! 🏆🏆🏆

Omg McGlam, did you ever listen to Stella Donnelly’s Beware of The Dogs? 🐕🐕‍🦺🦮🐩 It such a cute, adorable, charming, innocent kind of album which has so much charisma, humour and a natural cool punk flair flavour to it! I dunno why but I feel like that could be one of your favourites of 2019!!! ✅

Yesss I love Beware of the Dogs, I think it just missed my top 10. My #1 of 2020 so far is definitely Yves Tumor. What an amazing record!

I streamed Jessie Ware based on Nathan’s and Fleetwood-Matt’s recommendations.

Halfway through the first song, I ordered the vinyl.
Yaaaaas, that is how it’s done boyyyy! 👏👏💁‍♂️

Everyone else needs to order Jessie Ware’s “What’s Your Pleasure?”, so then you can unleash your inner groovy & funky, sensual & seductive, chic & glamorous, kinky & naughty, looking hot AF in the club, flirtatious & cheeky kinda spirit! 💯😏

Moses Sumney, Laura Marling & Phoebe Bridges especially are all 🔥🔥🔥 and VMP did exclusives for all those albums too! 🙌

I need to check out that HAIM again, I digged it for the most part but didn’t give it their album a dedicated listen! Gasoline and 3am were two such great songs back to back! 💯

Which were uglier and more expensive than the three I got direct from the artists, two of which were signed!

It’s a really good album, they’ve made such a step up, side 4 in particular is 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Which were uglier and more expensive than the three I got direct from the artists, two of which were signed!

It’s a really good album, they’ve made such a step up, side 4 in particular is 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Laura Marling marbled (signed) exclusive is definitely better looking than the VMP clear exclusive but the Moses Sumney and Phoebe Bridges VMP exclusives look better than any other variants out there in my opinion! 😌

True on all the VMP exclusives being more expensive though! 💯

Laura Marling marbled (signed) exclusive is definitely better looking than the VMP clear exclusive but the Moses Sumney and Phoebe Bridges VMP exclusives look better than any other variants out there in my opinion! 😌

True on all the VMP exclusives being more expensive though! 💯

Well done hype man but that’s just nonsense! I hope they gave you a second free record this month for sounding so stupid!

The 50/50 dull Sumney looks better than the bandcamp one? That’s gorgeous!

And no other phoebe one looks better than the green blue swirl peacock edition!

Back