Best Music of 2019

Not sure how many takers I'll find in this place... but I'm really enjoying 3Teeth: METAWAR with it's industrial mashup of early Marilyn Manson, NIN and Korn.

Even follows in the Manson tradition by reworking a synth-pop / indie song:

Last edited:
It took longer than I wanted- because I had to learn some coding- but my Grantland-inspired, hyperlink rabbit-hole of a blog piece on my 50 favorite albums of last year is finally ready.

Pop culture musings, politics, a hand crafted drinking game, vegan jokes and the inevitable Spotify playlist can be found within.
(Please, please share if you enjoy. I poured a lot of energy into this).

Last edited:
An album I've been looking forward to for a minute just came out.

Ed Balloon - The Dubs.

View attachment 11685

Out via Deathbomb Arc on cassette

Fav track:

On my second listen right now and I'm really fucking with it. Some actual gems on here.

This is excellent, thanks for sharing!

I've been taken aback by the brilliance of The Kings Mouth (the new Flaming Lips album). You expect their music to be weird and a concept album about a king with a giant head that contains galaxies and weather systems is certainly that, but what I was not expecting was the songs underpinning the story to be so good. Musically it gives a nod to their Yoshimi days but this isn't a rehash of old ideas but rather a perfect blend of the old and new. I've listened three times now and I've been enthralled each time. It's early days to be making grandiose statements but I really think this is one of the best things they've ever done. It's beautiful, funny and strange and I love it.

Guess I should check it out. Honestly, I thought Oczy Mlody was sneaky good. And actually looking at their discography just now, they’ve had a pretty damn good run since Soft Bulletin when they release a normal album and leave the gimmicks and guests alone. Sure Bulletin and Yoshimi get the acclaim and Mystics was probably the height of their popularity, but Embryonic and The Terror are GREAT albums as well.

I like this thread!!! I'll play along! Halfway thru the year list in no order.

Tyler The Creator - Igor
Wiz Khalifa x Curren$y - 2009
HOMESHAKE - Helium
Wicca Phase Springs Eternal - Suffer On
Blood Orange - Angel's Pulse
Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life
Billie Eilish - When We Fall Asleep
Julia Jacklin - Crushing
Gifted Gab - Cause and Effect
Schoolboy Q - CrasH Talk
Bandana - Freddie x Madlib
Rico Nasty - Anger Management