Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

200.gif

Here's my remaining list and order dates:

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny (2/1/23)
Kurt Vile - Walkin On A Pretty Daze (6/13/23)
Elliott Smith - Roman Candle (7/18/23)
Alvvays - Antisocialites (10/12/23)
Mt. Joy - Mt. Joy (10/25/23)
The Beths - Expert In A Dying Field (11/14/23)
Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty (11/27/23)
The Jayhawks - Paging Mr. Proust (12/31/23)
Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You (1/10/24)

Curious as to whether I get any of these at this point.

Here's my remaining list and order dates:

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny (2/1/23)
Kurt Vile - Walkin On A Pretty Daze (6/13/23)
Elliott Smith - Roman Candle (7/18/23)
Alvvays - Antisocialites (10/12/23)
Mt. Joy - Mt. Joy (10/25/23)
The Beths - Expert In A Dying Field (11/14/23)
Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty (11/27/23)
The Jayhawks - Paging Mr. Proust (12/31/23)
Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You (1/10/24)

Curious as to whether I get any of these at this point.

5OL.gif

Their last social media post was a month and two days ago and we know Pam is a one lady show. Maybe she took a very well deserved vacation.

Just saying there is a whole lot of doom here with very little actual reason to be concerned.

Their last social media post was a month and two days ago and we know Pam is a one lady show. Maybe she took a very well deserved vacation.

Just saying there is a whole lot of doom here with very little actual reason to be concerned.
I tend to agree, but she's not the only employee (I've exchanged emails with other folks there) and it's a significant amount of time to go dark on CS emails without any kind of contact, especially given how great their CS has historically been. Would love for it to still continue to deliver even with stupid long delays since they've put out some great sounding records in the last year.

Or had to take a break for health reasons. My recent bout w/ the 'rona (again) knocked me out for a hot minute.

For some reason I always thought Shopify could help settle disputes but it appears they just give you the seller’s email contact when you report to them that you’re not getting a response, pretty much saying “lol, good luck!”

At least Pam canceled my lissie album when I decided I no longer wanted the album. When the zine got delayed I gave the album a listen and decided that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I think they were running too many sales and they should have stopped making the zine but I know that was supposed to be one of the big perks of buying a bandbox exclusive variant.

There was a UK company VinylBox who were going hard into offers etc and constantly posting adverts and things on social media. Silence led to excuses which led to the company going under. I hope this hasn’t happened here, the product and service have got from Bandbox has been excellent but the lack of response or updates has seemed uncharacteristic.

Stop using logic to in place of our wild suppositions and speculations based on tea leaves and chicken entrails

Back