Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

They appear to have gravely misjudged the market for Emo reissues, which may well have been the undoing.

Their problem is you can't sell records these days for $10.00 or $15.00 and expect to make money. All the yearlong memberships they sold to us for a $120, couldn't have made them a dime. Then you have the issue of nobody wants to order from a company that can't meet deadlines. And we aren't talking about a couple of weeks, we are talking in some cases a year or more. If it were easy to run a profitable vinyl business, I guess everyone would be doing it. But yeah Emo ain't what it used to be. They tried to go to scale too quickly in my opinion and the curation the past couple of years has been lacking compared to their first 10 or so titles. Maybe they will pop up an announce another new title that will be delayed a year but I ain't getting my hopes up. They should have also ditched the zine a long time ago.

I sent an email asking for updates on my 20 preorders, lol.

200.gif

I sent an email asking for updates on my 20 preorders, lol.
I'd be ok with just sending me what I have already ordered and calling it even. I feel like I got my moneys worth after that and don't need whatever credit I have left.

For a while there letting you use credit and discount codes together had to be another bad decision. I can see the bigs getting away with that, but a small company like this no way.

Yeah I paid real money for Judas Priest. I’d like either the record or the money.

Their problem is you can't sell records these days for $10.00 or $15.00 and expect to make money. All the yearlong memberships they sold to us for a $120, couldn't have made them a dime. Then you have the issue of nobody wants to order from a company that can't meet deadlines. And we aren't talking about a couple of weeks, we are talking in some cases a year or more. If it were easy to run a profitable vinyl business, I guess everyone would be doing it. But yeah Emo ain't what it used to be. They tried to go to scale too quickly in my opinion and the curation the past couple of years has been lacking compared to their first 10 or so titles. Maybe they will pop up an announce another new title that will be delayed a year but I ain't getting my hopes up. They should have also ditched the zine a long time ago.
I think the zines are supposed to be one of the big benefit to ordering from bandbox.

Back