Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

i spent the last of my $180 gift card from when they got rid of subscriptions this week. feels kinda good to have burnt through that and got shipping on the order today.

ultimately, got lots of good stuff from them, but their selection has really waned for me lately with lots of represses of stuff that you can find elsewhere cheaper and/or in stock. i'll dip in if something catches my eye and is exclusive, but something more than "they're a small company" feels off with how they can't meet a shipping deadline to save their lives.

Edit: jumped the gun a little and prices are back up. Including Peoples Key being raised from $35 to $40 😂 this company is wild

Some price changes on a few titles (main ones are the Bright Eyes collection). Funny that 3 hours after they dropped the price they had an “oh shit” moment and raised them back up

Also Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly is down to $40.
1696034342330.png

Edit: jumped the gun a little and prices are back up. Including Peoples Key being raised from $35 to $40 😂 this company is wild

Some price changes on a few titles (main ones are the Bright Eyes collection). Funny that 3 hours after they dropped the price they had an “oh shit” moment and raised them back up

Also Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly is down to $40.
View attachment 183483
Where can I see this bot? Would have bit on a couple of those during the price change.

Hey, fellow record collector!

You are receiving this email because you pre-ordered a copy of our exclusive colored pressing of Kurt Vile Wakin on a Pretty Daze. This album is slated to begin shipping starting the week of October 16.
You are receiving this email because you pre-ordered a copy of our exclusive colored pressings of Luna's Live Bewitched, Live Rendezvous, and/or Live Penthouse. These albums are slated to begin shipping starting the week of October 16.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

-Team Bandbox

We Are Sorry!

Here's $20.00 off your next purchase with us.

Use code: SORRY20 at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.

Offer valid Oct 2, 2023 - Oct 31, 2023

You are receiving this email because you pre-ordered a copy of our exclusive colored pressing of Hadley Caliman's Iapetus. This album is slated to begin shipping starting the week of October 23.

So Luna, Kurt Vile, Hadley Caliman, and American Football are all supposed to go out in October. How many do you think will actually ship this month? My o/u is 2.5 and I'm taking the under.

Still waiting on that TMBG that was supposed to start shipping... two weeks ago?
two-weeks-have.jpg

Back