Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

I emailed them to ask about yo la tengo -- promised in march, pushed to may, here were are in july and nothing from you guys, what's up. they told me about waiting on the distributor blah blah and the next day i got a shipping notification. kinda shady, but uh, I guess write to them. squeaky wheels and grease, etc etc.
I'm glad I happened to come back to these parts and see this! (been on a self imposed N&G exile to save my back account..). Anyways, had the same thing - no word since May, then I looked at my account and said YLT was 'FULFILLED'. Emailed them, no reply back, but then got a shipping notice an hour later. OK! I'll take it.

I did. Didn't see they were doing that. They give away a lot of credit.
Thinking about all those gift cards, I had to take stock of my Bandbox experience. It's more ridiculous than I expected.

Since Dec. of 2021, I've ordered 22 titles from them (plus a 7" with a bundle). I got two Black Friday titles for a total of $12.00 shipped. I then subscribed to a 4-month $20 a month deal and got a $36 gift card. Then I renewed at a 3-month for $37.50 deal, for which I got two additional gift cards for $39 and $78 (I don't remember the details of that, but sheesh). Then I subscribed to the full year, discounted to $150. You bet I used those gift cards on that. Oh, and I got an $80 gift card for subscribing for a year. Then there was, of course, the membership cancellation/gift card reimbursement thing, and with 8 months remaining, I got $360.

So if my calculations are accurate, I've spend about $125 (gift cards not included) to order 22 titles, less than $6 each.

I currently have about $145 in credits remaining to spend from them.

Don't tell them!

Back