Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

how about Johnny?
This was the response I received when I reached out to them via email:

"We have received word from the pressing plant that they will ship the Johnny Cash albums to our distribution center in 2 shipments, some will arrive later this month and 2 will arrive in April. Apparantly, there are delays in production, possibly waiting on supplies. We apologize for this delay. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding."

Anyone receive a shipping notice yet for the Sylvan Esso exclusive? I believe it was supposed to ship out in March. I saw on Instagram that the band had the exclusive and was advertising it.

With every release these days, you just assume it is delayed and for at least a month or two.

With every release these days, you just assume it is delayed and for at least a month or two.
I haven’t received any of my bandbox orders from this year yet actually. I’ve ordered Charles Bradley (I know that wasn’t supposed to come until March at least…), sylvan esso, and Jose Gonzalez. Jose Gonzalez looks like it was mailed out on March 3 and still isn’t here. I’ll email them about that one. Tracking just says “arriving late”.

I haven’t received any of my bandbox orders from this year yet actually. I’ve ordered Charles Bradley (I know that wasn’t supposed to come until March at least…), sylvan esso, and Jose Gonzalez. Jose Gonzalez looks like it was mailed out on March 3 and still isn’t here. I’ll email them about that one. Tracking just says “arriving late”.

Which Jose Gonzalez was it? Valley I assume. Yeah USPS isn't helping anything. I thought they were getting better for a while, but they have been terrible since first of the year.

Which Jose Gonzalez was it? Valley I assume. Yeah USPS isn't helping anything. I thought they were getting better for a while, but they have been terrible since first of the year.
I grabbed In Our Nature actually! I know I could have grabbed it elsewhere and probably for cheaper but it got me to 3 months in a row which should be a free album I think...

Amy new exclusives being announced soon? Seems like it has been a few weeks since once has been announced.

Amy new exclusives being announced soon? Seems like it has been a few weeks since once has been announced.
Wondering if they might be holding off on announcing new stuff for now as they appear to be having shipping delay issues on several titles of late. Industry wide issue, of course, so that's obviously not a knock against them. Might encourage a certain amount of hedging in regards to announcing new exclusives while they're still waiting on stuff that's already a month or so behind schedule though.

Bandbox now has an arriving soon page to keep up with shipping delays on exclusives.

So I got my 2nd monthly box yesterday with Trampled Turtles. I took a look at the Discogs listing and I guess they're supposed to numbered on the hype sticker. Doesn't look like mine has it? Still new to this club, but is this a VMP scenario where I got one that was held back for replacements?

Not a big deal to me at all. Mostly just curious.

So I got my 2nd monthly box yesterday with Trampled Turtles. I took a look at the Discogs listing and I guess they're supposed to numbered on the hype sticker. Doesn't look like mine has it? Still new to this club, but is this a VMP scenario where I got one that was held back for replacements?

The only time I have ever seen anything numbered with Bandbox is the hype sticker. Nothing on the back of the jacket like VMP or anything like that.

Let me know how it sounds when you get a chance to spin it, if you don't mind. I was just thinking about grabbing this one this morning.

Anybody having a problem with their membership page. I just splurged on a yearly sub but I guess since I didn't use Shopify my account doesn't show anything (see photo). The UI of the website is atrocious. How am I supposed to pick the album I want for the month? Do I just have to email in for everything?

35A96D83-A958-4610-BCA0-F223B191FFE3.png

Back