August 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: Summer Loving

30th August - International Whale Shark Day!

Lee Morgan – The Complete Live At The Lighthouse: Hermosa Beach, California (Blue Note, 2021 Limited Box Set)

Although it arrived pretty beat up and I will try and get a replacement, I figured there is no way that I cant play one of these today!

View attachment 110436
Man... this is such a great set. Part of me says I don’t need a 12 LP live album. But the other part of me says the music is special enough to warrant space on my shelf.

Man... this is such a great set. Part of me says I don’t need a 12 LP live album. But the other part of me says the music is special enough to warrant space on my shelf.
It ticks a lot of boxes for me. A great set of sessions, my favourite jazz musician, and I love live recordings. I understand how some people might see it as excessive though. If it was a different musician I might feel the same.

Day 30: International Whale Shark Day!
I was lucky enough to swim with Whale Sharks a few years ago and it was an incredible experience. Choose an album that has a sea theme!
Mastodon - Leviathan
CC5F1188-4DB0-4415-A31E-8533833EC7D8.jpeg
I know whale sharks are docile gentle giants and sperm whales are bad ass giant squid eating behemoths so they’re not the most comparable sea creatures but they’re sea creatures nonetheless.

30th August - International Whale Shark Day!
I was lucky enough to swim with Whale Sharks a few years ago and it was an incredible experience. Choose an album that has a sea theme!

Gigi Masin - Talk to the Sea

20210831_000420.jpg

A sea theme on the cover, perhaps? This is a compilation of Gigi's work up to 2014; over 90min of ambient brilliance from the Italian musician and composer.

Back