Audio Technica AT-LP7

Check your manual. It should let you know if clamps and weights are recommended or not and what the limits of a weight are.

Clamps, if you can use and your spindle is the right size, the michell is the gold standard:

If going the weight route, they are kind of all the same with different looking bases, I use this one (cause U-turn was not manufacturing one at the time and says no more than 1 lb):

Awesome, that’s what I was hoping to hear. I’m thinking about getting a record stabilizer because I feel I have a bunch of issues with warping. Would you recommend one?

Check your manual. It should let you know if clamps and weights are recommended or not and what the limits of a weight are.

Clamps, if you can use and your spindle is the right size, the michell is the gold standard:

If going the weight route, they are kind of all the same with different looking bases, I use this one (cause U-turn was not manufacturing one at the time and says no more than 1 lb):

Agreed. I use the clamp that was built by my turntable manufacturer and wouldn’t be without it. I don’t use a weight because it isn’t recommended with my table. I like what I’ve heard of the Hudson Big Ben ones as a reasonably priced one from what I’ve read.

I know audio Technica make a series of weights and clamps so you may want to stick with them as being the same manufacturer they may suit your table the best.

I put M83’s Hurry Up We’re Dreaming on tonight, and it seemed like there was a locked groove on different parts of the record. My anti-skate and tracking weight are correct. Any other possible solutions? I never had a problem like this with my U-Turn, so not sure if something isn’t calibrated correctly

Is this any better?
Here is a tip for leveling a tonearm from VPI:

“Put a record on the platter and a 5X7 lined index card (bent in half on the middle line) on the record near the spindle. Use the lines on the card as a starting point to adjust arm height. Make the arm tube parallel to the lines on the card. When the arm is at the desired height, tighten the [lock].”

You can make finer adjustments after that.

I put M83’s Hurry Up We’re Dreaming on tonight, and it seemed like there was a locked groove on different parts of the record. My anti-skate and tracking weight are correct. Any other possible solutions? I never had a problem like this with my U-Turn, so not sure if something isn’t calibrated correctly
Increase your VTF by 0.5 grams to see if it helps.

Back