Arrakis? More like Ar-ROCK-is! The April 2024 Record-Spinning Challenge Thread

Day 24: Liet-Kynes
This planetologist has one foot in the Imperium and one in the culture of the Fremen. Play something that blends 2 (or more) genres.

This has gotten so many spins...

View attachment 201115

I need to check this out immediately- Amythyst Kiah is opening for Iron & Wine here in Monterey and I have tickets.

Last edited:
22 - Filmbook: In honor of these audio-visual books, play something that has a good music video to one or more of the songs (and share the video if its available online).

I need to check this out immediately- Amythyst Kiah is opening for Iron & Wine here in Monterey and I have tickets.

Oh man, I wonder if she's opening up this way too—I'd LOVE to see her. Definitely highly recommend that album. It's amazing.

22 - Filmbook: In honor of these audio-visual books, play something that has a good music video to one or more of the songs (and share the video if its available online).

She is fantastic! She’s also in Our Native Daughters with Allison Russell, Rhiannon Giddens and Leyla McCalla

Last edited:
Day 24
IMG_7170.jpeg
Sturgill Simpson - Sound & Fury

Man Sturgill couldn’t just add sludgy rock (I saw him live right before this came out and the dude from Noble Records would have been chomping at the bit to sign that band with their Sabbathy sound) to his resume, no he went and added EDM sounds to his psychedelic Country twang. On top of that, he made an anime out of the whole thing.

Day 25: Missionaria Protectiva
The Bene Gesserit spread their religion and myths through this program. Play something that has to do with faith.

Pastor T. L. Barrett - Like A Ship... (Without A Sail)
IMG_4248.jpeg

I don’t own many gospel albums but if my church growing up had a pastor and choir like this I am certain I wouldn’t have fallen asleep I the pews nearly as often.

Back