Ambient / Noise / Lowercase / Field Recordings / etc.

Just noticed Temporary Residence has only 3 of Eluvium's Life Through Bombardment Vol. 2 remaining on Bandcamp. Figure someone here would want to know!

0011917563_10.jpg

Last edited:
Just had a bit of a difficult experience with the label Past Inside the Present. I was just getting into ambient things a few years ago when the label popped-up and I happened across them on bandcamp. I've bought a number of their releases (about 10) over the years. Anyway, I recently purchase the repress of 36's wave variations, which I was siked about because I missed the original drop.

So I was getting organized and going through my pre-orders this past weekend, seeing what was sent and what wasn't and this record showed as shipped and delivered on my bandcamp page. It turns out I had 3 orders that were all "delivered" within the same week or so in early August that I never received. I'm assuming the post-office lost them / delivered them to the wrong address... who knows. Thankfully they are all badncamp orders so I can reach out to the sellers.

So the response from PITP was "it was delvered." I explained that I didn't get it and that I had a few other orders that were missing too and asked if they would send another and open an investigation with the USPS on their end. They took a few days to get back to me and said they didn't have anymore and said the best they can do is a refund. I'm bummed because I wanted the record but OK, things happen and at least they're doing the right thing.

So I get the refund pretty quickly but it's only for the price of the record, doesn't include the tax or shipping and I'm like WTH. So I immediately reach back out and the response was "there's only so much we can do," which I found to be pretty ridiculous. I understand they're a small outfit but I shouldn't have to pay for the shipping, mailer, etc. when I didn't get the package. I asked them to do the right thing so that I wouldn't need to file a paypal claim and take my business elsewhere, and they sent the refunded the difference.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know in case you purchase from them. I understand it wasn't their fault the USPS screwed-up but there is standard insurance with media mail so they can recoup their costs. They just made the refund experience harder than it needed to be.

I won't right them off because they did do the right thing in the end but jeez doesn't anyone know how to treat their customers well anymore?

Just had a bit of a difficult experience with the label Past Inside the Present. I was just getting into ambient things a few years ago when the label popped-up and I happened across them on bandcamp. I've bought a number of their releases (about 10) over the years. Anyway, I recently purchase the repress of 36's wave variations, which I was siked about because I missed the original drop.

So I was getting organized and going through my pre-orders this past weekend, seeing what was sent and what wasn't and this record showed as shipped and delivered on my bandcamp page. It turns out I had 3 orders that were all "delivered" within the same week or so in early August that I never received. I'm assuming the post-office lost them / delivered them to the wrong address... who knows. Thankfully they are all badncamp orders so I can reach out to the sellers.

So the response from PITP was "it was delvered." I explained that I didn't get it and that I had a few other orders that were missing too and asked if they would send another and open an investigation with the USPS on their end. They took a few days to get back to me and said they didn't have anymore and said the best they can do is a refund. I'm bummed because I wanted the record but OK, things happen and at least they're doing the right thing.

So I get the refund pretty quickly but it's only for the price of the record, doesn't include the tax or shipping and I'm like WTH. So I immediately reach back out and the response was "there's only so much we can do," which I found to be pretty ridiculous. I understand they're a small outfit but I shouldn't have to pay for the shipping, mailer, etc. when I didn't get the package. I asked them to do the right thing so that I wouldn't need to file a paypal claim and take my business elsewhere, and they sent the refunded the difference.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know in case you purchase from them. I understand it wasn't their fault the USPS screwed-up but there is standard insurance with media mail so they can recoup their costs. They just made the refund experience harder than it needed to be.

I won't right them off because they did do the right thing in the end but jeez doesn't anyone know how to treat their customers well anymore?
Dang! I've bought some records from them in the past and everything has worked out well. Had an issue last year when they stopped released of the latest Kyle Bobby Dunn record and they guy from the label reached out personally to showcase some other records they were releasing. I went with a credit and decided to try a few other releases. Really nice dude, but that was just my experience.

Dang! I've bought some records from them in the past and everything has worked out well. Had an issue last year when they stopped released of the latest Kyle Bobby Dunn record and they guy from the label reached out personally to showcase some other records they were releasing. I went with a credit and decided to try a few other releases. Really nice dude, but that was just my experience.

Y - I haven't had any issues in the past and I really liked them as a label. I'm not sure if this has put me off of buying from them again. Like I said, they did the right thing in the end. I just didn't like having to argue with them over what came down to less than $10. It just feels strange that it would matter enough to them to refund me $21 for a record and then feel like they had to hold on all of the other ancillary $.

Back