Ambient / Noise / Lowercase / Field Recordings / etc.

Hospital Productions just put up 3 new Old Tower releases! Two are previous digital only releases (Grim Alchemy and Plague Harvest) and there's a brand new album, The Old King of Witches. I would hurry if interested as a couple of variants have already sold out. There's also a few bundle options that get you all of the releases in all the various formats (vinyl/CD/tape).....

okay... someone please explain this and I missed it because it apparently was live for a little while

After doing some research (this apparently dropped by in June), i think it may either be fake or a mistake :(

After doing some research (this apparently dropped by in June), i think it may either be fake or a mistake :(

I think you're right. The chatter I saw around it on last.fm was that it was just some loops or something that sounded nothing like SotL for those that have heard it while it was up.

i was going to ask you what you thought of this 😂
looks like i might be buying another record
it's one of the best Celer albums IMO

He/They have a huge, huge, huge discography. If you really like this, I'd recommend checking out "Xiexie", "Sky Limits", "Jima", "Two Days and One Night", "Templehof", "Shima", "Continents", and "Engaged Touches". If that seems overwhelming, just listen to "Sky Limits" and see if that clicks. That one is very "radio friendly" :LOL: He's done a couple albums where it's like a 7-9 minute drone with little interludes/found sounds/slice of life recordings in between in a nice 40-45 minute package. "Sky Limits", "Templehof" and "Two Days and one night" are also the same.

HOLY CRAP!! Les Rallizes Dénudés is actually going to release remasters of their official output.

Looks like Mizutani did pass two years ago...

Also it's wild Haruomi Hosono almost joined LRD

But yeah this interview is a revelation...

I definitely have shared this album before but it's just doing it for me again today. One of those magical albums that you put on and then all of a sudden you're at the end and it feels like time flew by. LP is only $14 right now too.

Always nice to look back, see what you've bought and what you appreciated most..
So yeah, here are my favorite Ambient releases of 2021.

GAS – Der lange Marsch (Kompakt)
Celer – Malaria (self-released)
Federico Durand – Herbario (Laaps)
Sarah Davachi – Antiphonals (Late)
Fatima Al Qadiri – Medieval Femme (Hyperdub)
Lawrence English – Observation Of Breath (Hallow Ground)
Wasted Cathedral – I’m Gonna Love You ‚Til The End Of Time (Cardinal Fuzz)
Perila – How Much Time It Is Between You And Me? (Smalltown Supersound)
Omni Gardens - Moss King (Moon Glyph)

Celer – Malaria (self-released)
I somehow missed this one. Although tbf he releases A LOT of stuff. It seems like every other month I get a bandcamp notification of a new release and sometimes it's just outtakes or a one off song. I must have breezed past this one since it looks like a proper full-length album.

Back