Ambient / Noise / Lowercase / Field Recordings / etc.

The beautiful ambient music of Saul Stokes from Oakland, Ca, his latest album here

Anyone have any ambient records they have liked this year? I've got none in my pipeline. Unless one of the heavy hitters comes out with something new I don't know about anything.

I went to see this performance of this composer Julius Eastman this weekend. I’m h man it was amazing! Just laying in a warehouse on a furniture blanket absorbing the sound of 20 musicians playing a quiet as they can. Which turned out to be the loudest sound ever.
I just got the press of Stay On It. It’s so cool that his music is finally being performed. Someone else linked articles about him in the pre-order thread after I posted the press preorder. He’s really cool and was taken from us too early.

I just got the press of Stay On It. It’s so cool that his music is finally being performed. Someone else linked articles about him in the pre-order thread after I posted the press preorder. He’s really cool and was taken from us too early.

Whoa there will be vinyl releases? Yea he’s got quite a story. The music was amazing. I got to talk to one of the artists after the show. She runs a record label out of LA called Populist. The have a Bandcamp page

I'd like to thank Musique Plastique for recommending this label (Moon Glyph, based in Portland, Oregon conveniently) on my last visit; I bought two of the records from the label after trying them on the test station.
This is their latest release from today. Very lovely.

[ambient, new age]

I'd like to thank Musique Plastique for recommending this label (Moon Glyph, based in Portland, Oregon conveniently) on my last visit; I bought two of the records from the label after trying them on the test station.
This is their latest release from today. Very lovely.

[ambient, new age]

yeah this label's stuff is killer, i bought more than a few of their releases. I think my favortite one so far has been

For any Eno Ambient fans this project with Brian's brother Roger is really well done, and a fascinating story behind the making of it as well.
1656352863594.png

Beguiling. She ventures with a different instrumental arsenal here. Trombone and bass clarinet are not instruments commonplace in the genre, but the breathiness from reed and brass instruments are palpable here.
🔥

[drone, electroacoustic, dark ambient]

Back