All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I’m enjoying Changes a lot. At first with the transition and similarity between the opener and Hate Dancin’ I thought maybe this album will get old. But it does…change…from there. What this three run album cycle has proved even more clearly to me is just how great these guys are at musical composition and jamming. Changes is a nice cohesive album with a perfect flow and great instrumental work. Laminated Denim has really great movements within jams. And Ice, Death is a full blown jammy album that’s fun to just get lost in. I kind of prefer that one over the others right now. But they’re all good

Was able to grab a poster finally! Two great nights of music. KGLW is without a doubt a band I need to see live as much as I can for the foreseeable future
the streams were incredible, I can only imagine how great it must have been to be there live... the Gaia drum solo was crazier than the one we saw at the NY show...

@Enaz Fox - have a great time tonight (and RR3 later this week!)

So it turns out I probably could have just done the ship when all are available thing cause so far I’ve only received Laminated Denim. The other two might or might not be on the way. They “shipped” a week ago but didn’t move at all until yesterday. Or one of them did? It’s all confusing idk.

Got my Ice, Death record on Saturday. It sounds and looks great (I got the mushroom one). My Changes comes tomorrow I believe. That one is just black, but I think it has a different front cover. I have been listening to so much King Gizz this past week. I think, and this may be the unpopular opinion, but I think that Ice is my favorite of the three new ones. I can get how it's not for everyone. But I don't know I don't find myself ever uninterested in what any of the songs do. Changes might overtake it with some more listens, but I find myself coming back to Ice more than even Omnium Gatherum at this point.

I'm spinning the live in Asheville 19 record right now. It's a nice sounding one, and a great set list. I still don't care much for Infest The Rats Nest, but the Asheville record and Chunky Shrapnel won me over to the style. I just prefer the live versions more at this point. Also...I still have a copy of the Chunky Shrapnel film on my computer even though I shouldn't have it 👀. Being able to watch the performances make it even better.

I've yet to get any shipping notification on my October releases. I think it's the Changes "Tango" release thats still not done. Anyone still in the same boat?

Back