All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

So has anyone’s thoughts changed on Fishing For Fishies? Definitely hasn’t lost any of its spark for me in the last three weeks.

Although I like all the songs standouts for me are the title track, “Boogieman Sam,” “The Cruel Millennial, “Real’s Not Real,” and “This Thing.”

Really love the juxtaposition of the bookends for this album and the journey we take to get there with each song getting a little darker and less organic.

Love the ending of “Acarine.” Reminds me of “On The Run” by Pink Floyd.

It’s up there with my favorite Gizz albums.

I’ve only spun it once so far, cause my stack of stuff I need to play is huge right now, but I’ve been meaning to switch over to giving this a little more deliberate listening soon.

Now that's a good spot, my mind is saying dragon, but then it also doesn't seem right.
that image on the back of the jacket is one of the things that really stuck out to me when I saw that Instagram video, but obviously had no idea what it could be. I still don't really know, but when you posted the picture of the two song images together the top portion seemed to resemble the image on the jacket.

I also kind of see a slight possible connection to the castle imagery from their albums, and most specifically "Murder Of The Universe". I feel like the "Planet B" art looks like it might have steps leading up to some kind of entrance and the bottom right has some kind of hand, sort of like the hands on the MotU cover (but that's a pretty big stretch and probably not at all what it is). which I guess would mean the top portion would be towers on the top of the castle, whether they are just curled because those would be some evil looking towers or they're being destroyed I couldn't say. but then again it may have nothing at all to do with the castle imagery and is something completely different like a dragon as you noted, which I kind of see as well, especially on the back of the jacket. I guess time will tell.

What about underrated or under appreciated King Gizzard tracks?

Mine would be the ending title track on Flying Microtonal Banana. That’s song is so psychedelically groovy.

Love the harmonies and vocal over dubs. That little guitar lick is just super catchy as well imo. The groove is strong with this one.

Back