All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Sleep Drifter is an excellent choice!

Even though I don't spin Microtonal as much as I use to, it's still number one for me! First album I ever heard from this band, got really into the singles before release and was blown away by the record!

I still catch myself humming Sleep Drifter all the time now :)

So
I bought Paper Mache Dream Balloon from the VMP store because the band name sounded funny and the cover looked silly. I didn't even listen to anything from it first, pure blind buy. I've bought every record since and a couple retroactively.
love that album and still one that gets a lot of spins. Definitely top five. Also Fishies bangs, hook line and sinker

So has anyone’s thoughts changed on Fishing For Fishies? Definitely hasn’t lost any of its spark for me in the last three weeks.

Although I like all the songs standouts for me are the title track, “Boogieman Sam,” “The Cruel Millennial, “Real’s Not Real,” and “This Thing.”

Really love the juxtaposition of the bookends for this album and the journey we take to get there with each song getting a little darker and less organic.

Love the ending of “Acarine.” Reminds me of “On The Run” by Pink Floyd.

It’s up there with my favorite Gizz albums.

Last edited:
So has anyone’s thoughts changed on Fishing For Fishies? Definitely hasn’t lost any of its spark for me in the last three weeks.

Although I like all the songs standouts for me are the title track, “Boogieman Sam,” “The Cruel Millennial, “Real’s Not Real,” and “This Thing.”

Really love the juxtaposition of the bookends for this album and the journey we take to get there with each song getting a little darker and less organic.

I definitely like it a lot, and it's over if my favorite albums of the year, but I think in the overall Gizz rankings it sits below the top tier albums. it's probably 2nd or 3rd tier for me with albums like Sketches, Gumboot, FMB and PMDB.

I definitely like it a lot, and it's over if my favorite albums of the year, but I think in the overall Gizz rankings it sits below the top tier albums. it's probably 2nd or 3rd tier for me with albums like Sketches, Gumboot, FMB and PMDB.
if I were to list them out in order it would be somewhere towards the middle perhaps but that only speaks towards the amazingness of the group.

There’s not one album I don’t like by them.

While I like it, it isn't a favorite

You just named off each of my favorite tracks. (If you haven’t, make sure to check out that Murlocs album, harmonica and Ambrose abound) Yeah this thing has been my night commute soundtrack with the weather change. Spark one, roll the windows down and enjoy.

Now where it will land in my top gizz albums... I’ll have to do another discography spin session and figure that out. I will say I think as a whole album it works a lot better than the early stuff which gives it a slight edge imo.

Last edited:
been on a half mandatory/half self-imposed break since the end of Feb, so haven't had a chance to hear it in the proper headspace

I’d like this but can’t bring myself to do it. 😅 Good on you though for the mandatory/self imposed part. Sometimes there’s more important things, hope to see you back on the 🐎 soon enough!

Edit: we can do a Cheers thing now! That’s fits!

Last edited:
been on a half mandatory/half self-imposed break since the end of Feb, so haven't had a chance to hear it in the proper headspace
I had to stop for probation from July 6th, 2017 through May 22nd, 2018 and actually got into King Gizz within that time frame. They filled that void left by my mandatory MJ abstinence.

I guess what I’m trying to say is you don’t need that jazz cabbage to truly enjoy King Gizz although it does help. Cheers, man! You got this! ❤✌

Back