All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

that's gonna take a few listens...

Swan Song rips!!!!

not sure I'm going to be able to listen to the whole extendo right now but want to at least check out a track or two to see what we're dealing with

ooooohhhhhhhhhh...ok. the extended seems to be where it's at. I thought I'd main the standard and listen to the extended on occasion, assuming the extended would really venture into way too far out weird territory, but no it's just way more fleshed out and flat out better.

I've only listened to the first two tracks from the extended (which is already a longer listen than the standard version) and it's just far more engaging and interesting a listen... even more weird to me was how intact the chunks from standard version are on the extended, like Theia is exactly the same on both until the ending, I guess I was expecting the standard to be more edited from the extended, but it's truly that the standard was extended.

the only thing I might prefer from the standard so far is the flow of the album, the standard each track just bleeds into the next, the the extended tracks seem to end more...

man, I'm so excited to listen to the extended on full!!

I stayed away from the singles on this one so I’m waiting till tomorrow to hear the whole thing. I’ll start with the original then move to the extended later. I have the extended headed my way already. I’m hoping the tracks are like long weird synth jam sessions.

I stayed away from the singles on this one so I’m waiting till tomorrow to hear the whole thing. I’ll start with the original then move to the extended later. I have the extended headed my way already. I’m hoping the tracks are like long weird synth jam sessions.

Whole thing is up on their Bandcamp now if you don't want to wait. Goes from the "standard" into the extended, so you can just hit play and disappear into it

Listened to the standard version on the drive into work, and now listening to the extended version. I'm only about 40 minutes into the extended version, but I have to admit this all sounds more correct. Listening to it now, the standard version feels rushed by comparison so far.

I like the idea that the standard version is like a trailer for the extended version. I'm also surprised how "dated" or "throwback" this whole sound is. Remind me of early-mid 90's underground techno. Excellent work and workout music though. This could basically be a molly machine based on what I've heard so far. And that also makes the idea of the single continuous run on streaming make more sense. I could see the standard version being like a nice filler while waiting for things to kick in, and then right as things kick it you loop back around and everything is more complex, longer, more involved. Very fitting for that mental journey. I no longer dislike the way it's structured on streaming. I see a value in listening to both versions as one single project that is 2 hours long.

I listened to the standard this morning as well.I thought it was okay, but knowing there is an extended version made me feel like it just wasn't fully realized. Then I jumped into the extended and really found myself enjoying it more. I don't love every single sound they try out across the tracks, but I gained a lot more love and appreciation listening to the extended versions. Glad I ordered the vinyl for that as opposed to the standard. The standard isn't a bad album by any means, but it does feel lacking. But would I have thought that if the extended didn't exist? We'll never know

Gotta say though, at this point I prefer PetroDragonic Apocalypse which I came to really love. I thought The Silver Cord would be way more my thing, but nah, not yet anyway.

Got my ancient light extended version today. Spinning it right now. This is even more fun than that I had streaming it. Just listening all the way through on vinyl (which sounds amazing). Also been reading up a bit and noticing the connections between this and PetroDragonic Apocalypse. That one is like the scarier, on earth counterpart to Sliver Cord's cosmic ride. I've seen a lot of people don't like Set, and I didn't at first either, but I've come around on big sections of it. Gilgamesh is another one I didn't latch onto at first, but I'm loving it now - especially in this format. I don't know that i'll ever choose the "standard" version of this. The extended one is just the definitive one for me.

Back