All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Just got back from their show, great as always. Very interesting setlist, I don't think you'd want that as your first show of theirs.

keg5bol0xh831.jpg

They did a fantastic job of the Poly songs. Mars for the Rich and Perihelion I found surprisingly bluesy, and they played the FfF songs really hard so that those two albums kind of blended together. Really cool hearing Beginners Luck, Tezeta, and All Is Known live.

The pacing is very strange, they chop between styles quickly, the days of long seamless IIYMF, Nonagon, and MOTU medlies are long gone. Organ Farmer was a strange end too, they've been finishing some recent shows on a Quarters! track, which would have done down well but still great overall. 100 minute set.

Just got back from their show, great as always. Very interesting setlist, I don't think you'd want that as your first show of theirs.

View attachment 9960

They did a fantastic job of the Poly songs. Mars for the Rich and Perihelion I found surprisingly bluesy, and they played the FfF songs really hard so that those two albums kind of blended together. Really cool hearing Beginners Luck, Tezeta, and All Is Known live.

The pacing is very strange, they chop between styles quickly, the days of long seamless IIYMF, Nonagon, and MOTU medlies are long gone. Organ Farmer was a strange end too, they've been finishing some recent shows on a Quarters! track, which would have done down well but still great overall. 100 minute set.

They played TEZETA OMFG.

I didn’t because I don’t want to have an idea what the shows going to be like when I go this summer. Seeing a setlist is a bit different then listening to the entire live show.
Agree. I try to avoid set lists too. I want to be surprised. Especially with a band like Gizz when things can go so many different ways.

They played TEZETA OMFG.

Joey put a lot into it too, in fact he put 110% in the whole show. Newcomers would think he was the 'front' of the band, he did the majority of lead vocals and Stu spent half the time sitting at a keyboard/synth/vocoder.

I didn’t because I don’t want to have an idea what the shows going to be like when I go this summer. Seeing a setlist is a bit different then listening to the entire live show.

And you're in luck there too because they've been playing a different setlist every night. I hadn't seen them since late 2017, and you're in for quite a change since then.

new Oh Sees video from their upcoming album. please let me know if you see a pre-order for this when it hits Castle Face

Seconded, would appreciate a tag if anyone remembers.

Gonna refrain from listening to this, however difficult.
Looks like last year, Smote Reverser came out on 8/17/18 and the Castle Face pre-order was announced 8/1/18. Orc came out on 8/25/17 and pre-orders went up on 8/17/17. So, we probably have a few weeks. You never know though. They sent me those emails close to 12PM ET and the pre-orders started then too.

new OH SEES video from the upcoming album:

Damn this rocks. Hilarious that the first single they put out is a stretched out 20 minute album closing jam and the second one is a sub 2 minute punk RAWKer. Love it.

Also want to lodge a tongue in cheek complaint to the universe that (Thee) Oh Sees shouldn't be buried in the Gizz thread! Love both though (but one more).

Damn this rocks. Hilarious that the first single they put out is a stretched out 20 minute album closing jam and the second one is a sub 2 minute punk RAWKer. Love it.

Also want to lodge a tongue in cheek complaint to the universe that (Thee) Oh Sees shouldn't be buried in the Gizz thread! Love both though (but one more).
this is actually the 3rd track released from Face Stabber, but you liked my post with the 2nd video so I'm guessing you saw that one too.

also, you're probably right and we should maybe have a dedicated (Thee) Oh Sees thread.

this is actually the 3rd track released from Face Stabber, but you liked my post with the 2nd video so I'm guessing you saw that one too.

also, you're probably right and we should maybe have a dedicated (Thee) Oh Sees thread.
Wow, somehow that one slipped my mind. It's great too. Sits in a good place between the other two. Both the videos are awesome.

There is a all enveloping psych thread. Tropical Fuck Storm gets posted there so why not everything else as well! (I really don’t care as long as I see it, lol)

There is a all enveloping psych thread. Tropical Fuck Storm gets posted there so why not everything else as well! (I really don’t care as long as I see it, lol)
Lol, I think it is an everything rock thread, right? It is sad that my TFS posts seem to be a high percentage lately. Need more stuff in there!

Last edited:
Back