Album of The Year - Endgame

FKA twigs - M3LL155X (EP)
This is the best EP of the decade so far, in my opinion. It would've ranked 5th place on my list, but I'm not including it in the list because it's an EP. I'm Your Doll is one of the sexiest songs ever for me. It's a creepy, stalking, fetishy, submissive, freaky song that is woozy and hypnotic. FKA Twigs' best song ever! :devilish:🎯

spreddy updated...

i have never understood the love for cjr - she's not THAT great a popstar

will have to re-litigate the album in question and with those albums that, at the end of 2015, sat in my top 20 as follows:

OrderArtistAlbum
1Kendrick LamarTo Pimp a Butterfly
2Sleater-KinneyNo Cities to Love
3Tame ImpalaCurrents
4Kamasi WashingtonThe Epic
5BjörkVulnicura
6Laura MarlingShort Movie
7Sufjan StevensCarrie & Lowell
8BlurThe Magic Whip
9Courtney BarnettSometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit
10MiguelWildheart
11Erykah BaduYou Caint Use My Phone
12Donnie Trumpet & The Social ExperimentSurf
13WilcoStar Wars
14Father John MistyI Love You Honeybear
15Royal HeadacheHigh
16Kacey MusgravesPageant Material
17Mbongwana StarFrom Kinshasa
18Pusha TKing Push - Darkest Before the Dawn: The Prelude
19ThundercatThe Beyond / Where Giants Roam (EP)
20Dr. DreCompton: A Soundtrack

and antipodeans for consideration for others who might not know them would be (i.e. not tame impala or courtney barnett):

Royal HeadacheHigh
Infinity BrokeBefore Before
Gang of YouthsThe Positions
PondMan It Feels Like Space Again
Hiatus KaiyoteChoose Your Weapon
Jess RibieroKill It Yourself
King Gizzard and the Lizard WizzardQuarters!
Methyl EthelOh Inhuman Spectacle
My DiscoSevere
San CiscoGracetown
Sarah BlaskoEternal Return
Sui ZhenSecretly Susan
Troye SivanBlue Neighbourhood
Connan MockasinCaramel
Marlon WilliamsMarlon Williams
Nadia ReedListen to Formation, Look for the Signs

This is the best EP of the decade so far, in my opinion. It would've ranked 5th place on my list, but I'm not including it in the list because it's an EP. I'm Your Doll is one of the sexiest songs ever for me. It's a creepy, stalking, fetishy, submissive, freaky song that is woozy and hypnotic. FKA Twigs' best song ever! :devilish:🎯
“I’m Your Doll” is definitely in my top 5 FKA twigs songs, it’s insane & just great!

I feel like I must have dropped out of music around this time as out of the top 100 list I own precisely one! I seem mostly to have been buying older records but here's my list from that year - I even had to throw in a Xmas record!

1. Kamasi Washington - The Epic
2. Gaz Coombes - Matador
3. Rhiannon Giddens - Tomorrow is My Turn
4. Adem - Seconds are Acorns
5. Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni Ba - Ba Power
6. The Charlatans - Modern Nature
7. Guy Garvey - Courting the Squall
8. Sharon Jones - It's a Holiday Soul Party
9. Farao - Till It's All Forgotten
10. Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color

Reissue compilations
Bob Dylan - Cutting Edge
Amara Toure - 1973-1980
Next Stop Soweto Vol 4
Christians Catch Hell
Light & Sound of Mogadishu

Damn 2015 is proving to be not as deep as 1975 but much more broad! Even with me counting Babymetal s/t as a 2014 release (otherwise it would be #1 with a fucking bullet), there’s SO much different stuff!! This is gonna take a while....

EDIT: going from Dwight Yoakam to Napalm Death is jarring. In a good way.

Last edited:
  1. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell
  2. Young Thug - Barter 6
  3. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
  4. Kendrick - To Pimp a Butterfly
  5. Drake - If You're Reading This It's Too Late
  6. Travis Scott - Rodeo
  7. 2814 - Birth of a New Day
  8. Julia Holter - Have You in My Wilderness
  9. Death Grips - The Powers That B
  10. Future - DS2

hmmm so the only place I had posted my 2015 list was at the old place so I can't reference anything in building this list. so this list I made just now

1. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell
  2. Beach House - Depression Cherry
  3. White Reaper - White Reaper Does it Again
  4. Björk - Vulnicura
  5. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit
  6. Lady Lamb - After
  7. The Mountain Goats - Beat the Champ
  8. Tame Impala - Currents
  9. Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle
  10. New Order - Music Complete

Honorable Mentions/Just missed the cut

• The Tallest Man on Earth - Dark Bird is Home
  • Tamaryn - Cranekiss
  • Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars
  • Mourn - Mourn
  • Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love
  • Bully - Feels Like
  • Masayoshi Fujita - Apologues

I vaguely remember some of my list from 2015, but not all of it. What I do know is the albums that are still on regular rotation, so here we go!

Side note, I'm glad I checked everyone else's list, I would have missed a couple that weren't on the wiki page.

1. Silversun Pickups - Better Nature. #1 then, #1 now. I'm glad Latchkey Kids got a lot of popularity after release. not sure if this is true, but it seemed to become the breakout song from the album. The acoustic version and Joywave remix are also fantastic.
2. Built to Spill - Untethered Moon. I know this one was near the top, but I can't remember where exactly. Still one of my favorite BTS albums.
3. El Vy - Return to the Moon. When I'm in the car, I have Spotify set to random. I get almost daily doses of El Vy.
4. Kurt Vile - b'lieve I'm goin down... when Futurama eventually happens and we can download personalities into robots, I'm going to get a Kurt Vile one to just sit around and play guitar for me all day.
5. Foals - What Went Down. See @radiojazzz post. I saw them in Sacramento the following spring, and it was possibly the best live performance I've seen.
6. Bully - Feels Like. Honestly can't remember where this one was, but I still have it on regularly.
7. Gang of Youths - The Positions. Not on my original list, I didn't discover them until Go Farther In Lightness.
8. Protomartyr - The Agent Intellect. I think this was a runner up, but it's grown on me a lot over the years.
9. Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday.
10. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think... I think this was a runner up too.

Runners Up, In No Order:
FJM - I Love You, Honeybear.
The Wombats - Glitterbug.
Halestorm - Into the Wild Life.
Everything Everything - Get to Heaven. Only discovered them this year. Great stuff though!
Wilco - Star Wars
Destroyer - Poison Season
Baroness - Purple. I miss the good 'ol days of Purple Me, Please.
Beach House - Depression Cherry. I'm seeing more votes for Thank Your Lucky Stars, but this one is the one that stuck with me.

What a stacked year. Reading through everyone's lists, there are so many good albums. I think that year was at the height of the old forum. I'm reading through all the lists and checking off the ones I've listened to. It's a majority of them and I'm quite sure that was due to you all recommending them in the old place.

The Powers That B by Death Grips is a masterpiece imo. I love the glitchy and electronic first half and the noisy and filthy punk rock second half. Ride's cryptic lyrics and frenzied vocals are on point and I adore how claustrophobic and abrasive it all is. It's probably their magnum opus in all honesty.

And of course E•MO•TION goes without saying.
FavoritePlainIndianjackal-small.gif

1. I don't need to say that it's Emotion, right?
2. Björk - Vulnicura
3. Benjamin Clementine - At Least For Now
4. One Esmiko - Faster Than Turtles
5. Selena Gomez - Revival (you already know what I think about Selena's remarkable career)
6. Aqualung - 10 Futures
7. Jewel - Picking Up The Pieces
8. Night Beds - Ivywild
9. Du Blonde - Welcome Back To Milk
10. Natalie Imbruglia - Male

Honorable mentions:
Madonna - Rebel Heart
Demi Lovato - Confident
Jodie Landau and wild Up - You Of All Things
San Fermin - Jackrabbit

Back