A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

I've been diving into Oh Mercy this past month or so. I'd heard it before, but never spent too much time with it. Really fantastic. What are all your favourite non-BOTT, 61, BoB, etc. Dylan records?

I really like Modern Times, I find it such an enjoyable record to spend time with and Workingmans Blues is a great song!

Through FedEx ? I know when FedEx handed it off to the usps but that was last Wednesday, I’m worried it may get sent back to mofi somehow. Once an amazon order got held at the post office “per my request” when I definitely did no such thing. Not having any updates and the time span is worrisome but ultimately it is what it is
Once it has been handed off to USPS it should show up in your informed delivery for them.

Once it has been handed off to USPS it should show up in your informed delivery for them.
Thank you for your advice, I signed up and now have the tracking info, I thought I had signed up for that service as I have with fedex and ups but I think in the past I’ve only signed up for updates on individual deliveries. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow and mofi responded after a few days as well so all is good.

Am I being unreasonable if I find it reprehensible that my copy has a severely warped record and both jackets have splits from shipping. I understand that stuff happens but it seems like these were avoidable by using proper packaging in regards to the split jackets, the box should be smaller or the jackets and the box, anyone who has ever shipped an lp knows if it bounces around this will be the result.

no .
Am I being unreasonable if I find it reprehensible that my copy has a severely warped record and both jackets have splits from shipping. I understand that stuff happens but it seems like these were avoidable by using proper packaging in regards to the split jackets, the box should be smaller or the jackets and the box, anyone who has ever shipped an lp knows if it bounces around this will be the result.

Agreed, not at all, I’d be livid! After all it’s supposed to be the best way to experience the album. The packaging would seem to be MoFi’s fault, and RTI has been slipping a lot as well. I ran into a few warping issues with the Dylan Mono Box represses from Sony / RTI, and that had me upset at $18 / album.

Agreed, not at all, I’d be livid! After all it’s supposed to be the best way to experience the album. The packaging would seem to be MoFi’s fault, and RTI has been slipping a lot as well. I ran into a few warping issues with the Dylan Mono Box represses from Sony / RTI, and that had me upset at $18 / album.
Yeah I’ve always tried to find modern reissues pressed at RTI as I’ve never received a poor example and so many people in the industry tout them as being one of the best. Ultimately mistakes happen and the are resolving the situation but it’s just a bummer after how long it took to get delivered. Seems as though they are simply shipping replacements so I can still listen in the mean time. Disc 2 is flat and sounds incredible.

I retract my statement about record two, so noisy, is this because of the state of the master tapes if not mofi really blew it with this release or at least some pressings of this release. Bob would be disappointed lol.
Oh no. I'm really sorry to hear that. If I spent $125 on a record and it wasn't perfect in every way imaginable I'd be livid.

Yeah I’ve always tried to find modern reissues pressed at RTI as I’ve never received a poor example and so many people in the industry tout them as being one of the best. Ultimately mistakes happen and the are resolving the situation but it’s just a bummer after how long it took to get delivered. Seems as though they are simply shipping replacements so I can still listen in the mean time. Disc 2 is flat and sounds incredible.

Honestly I think mistakes do happen, and every plant out there has them. I've had non-fill and warps from RTI, Pallas, and QRP, despite the fact that they're considered infallible by many. Of course nowhere near as frequent as GZ, let alone the real bottom of the barrel like URP and Rainbo. I think at this rate I think RTI is really squeezed. Some of the recent Tone Poets have had pressing issues, along with that Dylan box stuff I experienced.

Still the issue is for a record of that cost, this should not happen!

I retract my statement about record two, so noisy, is this because of the state of the master tapes if not mofi really blew it with this release or at least some pressing of this release.
Honestly I think mistakes do happen, and every plant out there has them. I've had non-fill and warps from RTI, Pallas, and QRP, despite the fact that they're considered infallible by many. Of course nowhere near as frequent as GZ, let alone the real bottom of the barrel like URP and Rainbo. I think at this rate I think RTI is really squeezed. Some of the recent Tone Poets have had pressing issues, along with that Dylan box stuff I experienced.

Still the issue is for a record of that cost, this should not happen!
I am trying to not let it bother me, if it was a 15 dollar amazon type situation I wouldn't be bothered but I made the purchase because number one it's Bob and number 2 as you stated these are widely considered to be really great sounding pressings. I do have the 45 rpm mono Highway 61 Revisited and it is by far the best sounding pressing I own.

I am trying to not let it bother me, if it was a 15 dollar amazon type situation I wouldn't be bothered but I made the purchase because number one it's Bob and number 2 as you stated these are widely considered to be really great sounding pressings. I do have the 45 rpm mono Highway 61 Revisited and it is by far the best sounding pressing I own.

I’m assuming MoFi is replacing it right?

I only have BotT on CD (I know.... Oh the shame!)
Apart from that MoFi version, which pressing should I be looking for?

I only have BotT on CD (I know.... Oh the shame!)
Apart from that MoFi version, which pressing should I be looking for?

The mofi one step...

Come join me on the very expensive dark side!

I haven’t heard that one as I now have 2 different mofi presses but to be honest most of the modern Columbia pressings of Dylan’s stuff are pretty good so you can’t go to far wrong!

The mofi one step...

Come join me on the very expensive dark side!

I haven’t heard that one as I now have 2 different mofi presses but to be honest most of the modern Columbia pressings of Dylan’s stuff are pretty good so you can’t go to far wrong!
As much as I'd like to buy that MoFI one step boxset I can't make myself pull the trigger on 125 dollars + shipping and potential customs.
I'll take a look at the Columbia pressings!
Thanks!

Back