A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

There’s no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don’t think any eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great, much more than a superb musician, with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He’s the very spirit personified of whatever is Muddy River country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal. To me he wasn’t only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he’ll ever know. There’s a lot of spaces and advances between The Carter Family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman, a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. There’s no way to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep...

Love this Dylan quote on Jerry. Always love when it pops up on the anniversary of his death

There’s no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don’t think any eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great, much more than a superb musician, with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He’s the very spirit personified of whatever is Muddy River country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal. To me he wasn’t only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he’ll ever know. There’s a lot of spaces and advances between The Carter Family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman, a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. There’s no way to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep...

Love this Dylan quote on Jerry. Always love when it pops up on the anniversary of his death
Before I read your last two sentences I was worried that Dylan died...

Why would you play with my emotions like that?? I give you all the applause for this.

I want this so bad.

It’s a nice release ..my version pressed in Europe is very quiet . I do like the more relaxed approach to Idiot Wind and Tangled.. it’s a nice late night Dylan experience... lots released so should be easy enough to track down. Heard there were issues with some US pressings on the forums though

Finally getting around to listening to 1966 “Royal Albert Hall” gig from the Free Trade Hall in Manchester. Good god this is exceptional, why has it taken me this long to get around to it. It needs repressing now, just because I need it!

Finally getting around to listening to 1966 “Royal Albert Hall” gig from the Free Trade Hall in Manchester. Good god this is exceptional, why has it taken me this long to get around to it. It needs repressing now, just because I need it!

Out all my Dylan vinyl, that might be my favorite. It's a perfect concert and the box set itself is great.

Still waiting on my ultra disc one step "Blood On The Tracks" hopefully it actually gets delivered. Has anyone else listened to it yet, is it as glorious as I hope it will be ?

Still waiting on my ultra disc one step "Blood On The Tracks" hopefully it actually gets delivered. Has anyone else listened to it yet, is it as glorious as I hope it will be ?

Nope, have it on pre order but still waiting to pay for it. That said it might take a while longer to cross the Atlantic to the store in the U.K. that I’m buying it from.

Nope, have it on pre order but still waiting to pay for it. That said it might take a while longer to cross the Atlantic to the store in the U.K. that I’m buying it from.
My copy was scheduled for delivery last Thursday from fedex, they handed it off to the post office for final delivery so now I have no tracking info no record and no response from Mofi to two separate email requests for an update which might be the most disappointing part of the whole ordeal.

My copy was scheduled for delivery last Thursday from fedex, they handed it off to the post office for final delivery so now I have no tracking info no record and no response from Mofi to two separate email requests for an update which might be the most disappointing part of the whole ordeal.
Do you have informed delivery? It should have shown up when fed ex handed off.

Do you have informed delivery? It should have shown up when fed ex handed off.
Through FedEx ? I know when FedEx handed it off to the usps but that was last Wednesday, I’m worried it may get sent back to mofi somehow. Once an amazon order got held at the post office “per my request” when I definitely did no such thing. Not having any updates and the time span is worrisome but ultimately it is what it is

I've been diving into Oh Mercy this past month or so. I'd heard it before, but never spent too much time with it. Really fantastic. What are all your favourite non-BOTT, 61, BoB, etc. Dylan records?

Back