A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

I had it , sold it a while ago, the pressing was alright . Musically I preferred the Acoustic sides, but I don’t think it’s quite as good as the Manchester concert.
Anyone any experience of this one?

You will really enjoy it, it’s one of the best sounding of the Dylan MoFis I have.

On another note has anyone heard the bootleg 16 yet. My vault is waiting in customs and my normal is in the store for pick up, been on hols this week!
i have the vault pressing! sounded good to my ears. i'll have to listen to it on my new speakers/TT though! there's a long queue of records to listen to on the new rig haha.

i have the vault pressing! sounded good to my ears. i'll have to listen to it on my new speakers/TT though! there's a long queue of records to listen to on the new rig haha.

Haha! I’ve listened to it a couple of times since then! It is a really nice pressing. Miles better than the other Vault one I have!

Haha! I’ve listened to it a couple of times since then! It is a really nice pressing. Miles better than the other Vault one I have!
didn't even realize when you posted that 😂 was scrolling back to find the rough and rowdy ways tour audio that was posted. dylan is playing near me in a few weeks so i'm deciding if i wanna go or not. my wife saw him a few years ago and said it was by far the worst concert she has ever been to. compared it to a drunk uncle at karaoke hah.

Man, I should have moved heaven and earth to try to get to this tour. Apparently they've been working out this song all tour and this one is incredible.

"According to a press release, Dylan began working on The Philosophy of Modern Song in 2010. The book contains over 60 essays that Dylan wrote about songs by artists including Stephen Foster, Elvis Costello, Hank Williams, and Nina Simone. “[Dylan] analyzes what he calls the trap of easy rhymes, breaks down how the addition of a single syllable can diminish a song, and even explains how bluegrass relates to heavy metal,” according to the press release."

Cannot wait to read this!

Their times are-a-changing starts showing up at jpc.de. Are their any infos about these pressings?

Their times are-a-changing starts showing up at jpc.de. Are their any infos about these pressings?

I’ve not heard anything specific to this series but most deagostini ones I’ve had in the past have been done at mpo so decent enough pressings but nothing special. They tend to just use standard label mastering and metalwork too so I wouldn’t be expecting too much beyond the standard Sony ones that will be on the shelves in your local. They can be handy for rarer pressings in the catalogue of a big artist like Dylan that they do, their pressings are how I am getting The Beatles anthologies without bankruptcy.

Last edited:
Back