A Bruce Springsteen Appreciation Thread

David A.

Note: Posted on the old VMP forum. Figure it was worth re-launching this thread since the Boss is releasing the second single off of his upcoming album, Western Stars.

Btw, his first single off of the new album was excellent.

Hello all,

I've noticed a pretty large contingent of Springsteen fans on this forum. So I figured that we should have a thread where we can nerd out and commiserate about how great his catalog is. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't wind up tossing Darkness on the Edge of Town on my turntable. Speaking of that album...

It sounds like a wonderful, '60's pop song that Jimmy Webb would've written. I hear so many influences in it. But also, it still seems very autobiographical. I'm sold on this album.
Right! As he’s grown older I find his genre exercises to be his most fun and listenable records, of his albums from the past 20 or so years the one I go back to the most often is “The Seeger Sessions”. Yeah, I have high hopes of the new one

Right! As he’s grown older I find his genre exercises to be his most fun and listenable records, of his albums from the past 20 or so years the one I go back to the most often is “The Seeger Sessions”. Yeah, I have high hopes of the new one
I am very much a big fan of Devils and Dust. Probably more than I'm a fan of The Rising which is a great album but also should've just been about 50 minutes long.

Hello everybody

EA639BFE-21CD-4ED2-A11C-423C6115C7A2.gif

Love the boss, looking forward to a new album from him, he’s made us wait a while!

For me Nebraska is his apex, very closely followed by The River.

I'm a basic Bruce fan. Born to Run has always been my favorite.

I've told this story before in the place that shall not be mentioned. But worth repeating in this superior forum.
My family is a buncha bruce fanatics. My cousin got married this past summer. During the reception, about 30 of us family members were in what can only be described as a rugby scrum in the middle of the dance floor. Bride and groom were in the middle (and I'm not gonna lie, I did fear for their safety for a moment in my drunken stupor). We were all dancing, with arms around each other, screaming the words to Born to Run, fist pumping every time we sang Tramps Like Us. I look across the scrum at my brother who has happy tears flowing down his face. He just looked at me and smiled big. And every single person who was not a Bruce fan was on the outside of that scrum, bemusedly looking at us and grinning at our devotion to each other and Bruce.

So yeah, nothing at all wrong with Born to Run.

I've told this story before in the place that shall not be mentioned. But worth repeating in this superior forum.
My family is a buncha bruce fanatics. My cousin got married this past summer. During the reception, about 30 of us family members were in what can only be described as a rugby scrum in the middle of the dance floor. Bride and groom were in the middle (and I'm not gonna lie, I did fear for their safety for a moment in my drunken stupor). We were all dancing, with arms around each other, screaming the words to Born to Run, fist pumping every time we sang Tramps Like Us. I look across the scrum at my brother who has happy tears flowing down his face. He just looked at me and smiled big. And every single person who was not a Bruce fan was on the outside of that scrum, bemusedly looking at us and grinning at our devotion to each other and Bruce.

So yeah, nothing at all wrong with Born to Run.

That sounds like the best. Gotta have a critical mass of Bruce fans to make that happen haha.

I’m surprised by how much I’ve been playing this. I got the Barnes and Noble exclusive edition on Friday (unfortunately does not look as impressive as the blue sky vinyl on their website picture) and I’ve repeated it multiple times despite having a bunch of records I still need to get through. It’s very pleasant.

I have not enjoyed a new Bruce album this much in a very long time. A very very long time.

I never thought Bruce had a great voice. And I'm kinda mad at him for hiding how good his chops are until this album.

How absolutely fantastic is the new record!

Very akin to Nebraska & Wrecking Ball. Some outstanding tracks on it but Moonlight Motel is just beautiful!

Similar to both of those? That’s interesting, I’m intrigued because I’d have classed those two as being at opposite ends of the spectrum of Bruce...

Back