A Bruce Springsteen Appreciation Thread

Yep , minimum of £110 in U.K. (villa park) in upper tier 3 , £140 to £160 for closer views ....so if I went with Mrs N probably looking at a £400 outlay for the day ...hard to justify

Query for those of you (in this thread, assuming many) who have bought the Albums Collection Vol. 1....

How big is the case? That is, will it fit on a standard record shelf (think: Kallax)?

I've been thinking about picking it up. I have OGs of all the albums except Greetings... and The Wild... (I've never picked up either of those albums on vinyl and, frankly, my OG The River could really use a better copy). I've heard the plangent pressings are pretty good.

Also, any reviews on the 2LP Tunnel of Love? I'm not interested in the Albums Collection Vol. 2. Tunnel of Love is the only album I love in that entire collection (not knocking any of the other albums but that's what Satan created digital albums for). I actually have an OG pressing that is in great condition (both media & jacket) and sounds awesome. On paper, the length of each side (especially Side B) should really cause some issues, but it truly sounds great. But, the 2LP RE is readily available so I think, why not? I have read at least one Discogs review that mentions sibilance, if I remember correctly. Anyone who can comment on the 2LP or, even better, compare it to an OG pressing as well?

Thanks!

Query for those of you (in this thread, assuming many) who have bought the Albums Collection Vol. 1....

How big is the case? That is, will it fit on a standard record shelf (think: Kallax)?

I've been thinking about picking it up. I have OGs of all the albums except Greetings... and The Wild... (I've never picked up either of those albums on vinyl and, frankly, my OG The River could really use a better copy). I've heard the plangent pressings are pretty good.

Also, any reviews on the 2LP Tunnel of Love? I'm not interested in the Albums Collection Vol. 2. Tunnel of Love is the only album I love in that entire collection (not knocking any of the other albums but that's what Satan created digital albums for). I actually have an OG pressing that is in great condition (both media & jacket) and sounds awesome. On paper, the length of each side (especially Side B) should really cause some issues, but it truly sounds great. But, the 2LP RE is readily available so I think, why not? I have read at least one Discogs review that mentions sibilance, if I remember correctly. Anyone who can comment on the 2LP or, even better, compare it to an OG pressing as well?

Thanks!
Fits just fine in my Kallax! Highly recommend Vol. 1.

Can’t comment on TOL though, I’ve only ever had a clean original that I’m happy with.

Fits just fine in my Kallax! Highly recommend Vol. 1.

Can’t comment on TOL though, I’ve only ever had a clean original that I’m happy with.
Thanks so much! Honestly, I only have one box set that won't fit in a Kallax....looking at you Beatles Mono set....but just making sure. Appreciate the answer!

So, I posted on my profile page that I dig the new album more than I anticipated. I also queried as to why Bruce was doing this... This article doesn't really explain why (might have to go back to the source interview was a waste of time, the quote in the stereogum article is the whole quote. ), but he did state that he scrapped another covers record after discovering that it made more sense to do these soul covers:

The sad reality...Bruce and his mgmt knew this would happen.

Bottom line - this is virtually certainly the end. Bruce will be 75-ish when this tour is over. Think he is going on an arena tour again at 77 or 78? Think again.

Not to mention, Max has had a triple bypass, Nils has a hip and knee replacement, Gary has a fast growing bald spot, the Professor must surely want to hang it up - and so on. The likelihood of the E-Street band going out again a few years down the line - assuming they are all still alive (statistically dubious) is pretty much nil.

Bruce will continue to do smalleer scale stuff, solo shows, etc. but this is the last go round.

So not only is this a last kick at the cashcow for the Boss, the more he has to spead around to the band - most of whom are not rich - the better. Think of it as a retirement package.

Yes, the prices are high, Ticketmaster is a scam operation, and it is appalling. Totally agree.

And Bruce still puts on a decent show - but it's not what it used to be. But, it is the last chance.

Back