5th Annual N&G 31 Days* of Halloween (2023)

4. Summer of 84 (2018)

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
I'm genuinely surprised I've missed this one until now. Even the wife is enjoying it. Great to see Booty Hole in another movie.

Summer_of_84.png

4. Summer of 84 (2018)

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
I'm genuinely surprised I've missed this one until now. Even the wife is enjoying it. Great to see Booty Hole in another movie.

Summer_of_84.png
That's a fun one! Channels Fright Night neighborly paranoia really well. And maybe a little of The Burbs but more serious.

Rich Sommer is great! Totally different vibe than his roles on Mad Men and Glow.

4. Summer of 84 (2018)

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Summer_of_84.png

That's a fun one! Channels Fright Night neighborly paranoia really well. And maybe a little of The Burbs but more serious.

Rich Sommer is great! Totally different vibe than his roles on Mad Men and Glow.

I really liked that movie and it's been a while since I've seen it.

The score is great, too.

LXlEhj.jpg

Oooh! As long as everything I want to watch on Max is also on Crave up here in the hinterlands, it looks like exciting times!
I'm giving Max the boot on Sep 25, so gonna queue up a handful of these titles I've missed in the past. If anything else gets added in October, I'll probably use a free week trial through Prime, but I'm done with Zaslav and crew's shit.

I'm giving Max the boot on Sep 25, so gonna queue up a handful of these titles I've missed in the past. If anything else gets added in October, I'll probably use a free week trial through Prime, but I'm done with Zaslav and crew's shit.

Very reasonable. I still have 7 or 8 months left on a 1-year to Crave, but I don't know that I'll be renewing once that's up.

Contrary to popular opinion, I much preferred The Purge to The Purge: Anarchy.

If I had a quarter for every time I rolled my eyes, I'd be several dollars richer.

The first worked well for me as a proof of concept. I went into it with low to no expectations, so the claustrophobic crucible nature of it didn;t bother me in the least. Like, I get people wanted more wide-reaching action and brutality, but the many threads simply weren't linking well for me here.

πŸ’€πŸ’€

9164c024-4800-4c35-bf17-d4fdcce71384.jpeg

5. Phantasm II (1988)
πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Still a pretty incoherent plot, but my enjoyment is based more on what it's trying to be than what it actually is. Lots of classic horror elements, just poor dialogue and flat characters. You do start to feel a tiny something for Reggie in this one, but still pretty one dimensional.
Phantasm_II.jpg

Last edited:
It's officially the spooky season, friends!
h9tiwncjw9pz.jpg
As others have said, this is one of my favorite running threads on the forum, and I'm very thankful to @LeeVing for setting it up each year. It's always a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing what new discoveries are in store for me this time around!

I may have pre-gamed by rewatching The Mummy (Brendan Fraser version) the other day. Unfortunately I haven't had time to watch many movies lately... but I think the Halloween spirit may just change that πŸ‘€

Back