5th Annual N&G 31 Days* of Halloween (2023)

LeeVing

*we're doing 61 days again - because why not?

Just like previous years,, this isn't a contest - just a thread to post and rate and, if you want to, review the Halloween/Horror movies or TV shows you watch during the season.

Post the name of the movie, rating and your thoughts on it if you want to - if you post spoilers, please use the spoiler tags.

We can use the skull emoji as a rating system....

๐Ÿ’€ - Not worth watching ever again.
๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€
๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ - Average
๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€
๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ - Best movie of all time.

Enjoy this Halloween video mixtape - made from the director of WNUF TV-28 Presents: Frank Stewart Investigates: Halloween

I'm a few days early - only because I'm working until Friday morning. If you can wait until the 1st you can - if you can't wait, feel free to start posting.

After finishing my Scream franchise rewatch last week, starting off this week with some other 90s hits. Tonight's:
1. I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
images

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ Not worth rewatching for anything other than nostalgia. The characters are mostly annoying and Jennifer Love Hewitt screams way too much. If it came out today it would be a straight to RedBox kind of thing.

Last edited:
I watched this the other day i guess it's my first:

MV5BMjc0YzM2ZjItNzE3OS00NTRhLTkyNTUtMjY5Y2Y5NTU3OWI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU2NTI4MjE@._V1_.jpg

1. Brightburn ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ 1/2
The concept of it sounded interesting - what if Superman's story turned out sinister and instead of a superhero origin story it was a supervillain origin story? Overall, I feel like the story/plot was better than the execution. It's not perfect but I enjoyed it.

3. Girls With Balls (2018)

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿฆด

A French-Belgian dark comedy horror, per Wikipedia. It is actually pretty funny toward the beginning, but it goes off the rails very soon thereafter. The humor becomes more absurd, rather than comedic. It kept popping up on Netflix and I finally gave in, but not really worth a watch unless you're really bored and don't want to focus too much. Would probably be a bit more tolerable on weed.
p15954941_p_v8_aa.jpg

Kicked things off early with some throwbacks before they leave Tubi tomorrow.

Love 'em or hate 'em, these are some cozy flicks that do a pretty impressive job of capturing cartoonishness in live action.

๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿฆด for an easy good time.

MV5BMTg4MzMzMTY0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzM3MTg2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

MV5BMjAxOTE2NjI1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA1MDUyMQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Started getting around to franchise remakes/reboots this year, now that I've caught up on many of the classics I missed growing up.

When I think of slashers, my prime meridian remains the earliest FF13 filmsโ€”the purest distillation of the category. The prologue of this reprisal did a decent job of capturing that spirit...but then the rest happened. Found this one to be pretty joyless and disengaging in the end.

๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿฆด

44048-friday-the-13th-0-460-0-690-crop.jpeg

The first 4 years I've really mostly just watched my favorites. I think this year I'm going to go back to the classics - Universal Horror...Hitchcock...etc.

That list from Peacock seems like a decent way to watch a lot that I just haven't seen - I'm not a huge fan of the Universal Horror movies.

Back