3rd Annual N&G 31 Days* of Halloween (2021)

9. Final Destination 2 πŸ’€
It wasn't very good. It feels like it took the main idea from the original and just brought a new cast of people that they didn't bother developing. It starts out ok but the ending really doesn't make sense - it feels like they were just making up rules as they went along towards the end.

I agree...this is where I stopped with the series.

well...I had hoped I'd have my shipment of new Halloween 4K discs to watch, but it seemed both Sacred Bones and Shout Factory are a bit behind with their orders.

But I'll be watching some of the Halloween movies to get ready for Halloween Kills on Friday.

I'm not ready for going out to a theater, so Peacock it is for me.

MOVIE #36
Poltergeist (1982)
View attachment 114574
There have been a lot of haunted house movies over the years, but few can match the spooky aura of Poltergeist. Infamously, the movie is rated PG despite a lot of intense sequences, and Spielberg's name being slapped on it may lead some to think it's more family friendly fare, but it actually manages to be far scarier than a lot of R-rated films about the same subject. The special effects in this movie are unbelievable and there are just so many creepy things in the movie. The film's story is also very emotionally-charged, as it preys on parental fears as well as those a young child would have. The film is enough to disturb viewers of any age - obviously making it the perfect family horror movie! 😁

Final rating: πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Another one the wife loves! Me to her... You know your gonna have nighmares

well...I had hoped I'd have my shipment of new Halloween 4K discs to watch, but it seemed both Sacred Bones and Shout Factory are a bit behind with their orders.

But I'll be watching some of the Halloween movies to get ready for Halloween Kills on Friday.

I'm not ready for going out to a theater, so Peacock it is for me.
Looks interesting

#20. Halloween (1978) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€πŸ’€

Getting prepped for Halloween Kills on Friday...getting this one in tonight...then Halloween 2018 tomorrow.

As I mentioned above...I hoped to have all the new 4K releases by now, but only parts 4 and 5 have shipped. Shout has shipped their vinyl versions, but I ordered my 3 from Sacred Bones.

20211014_025417.jpg

I agree...this is where I stopped with the series.
im going to do the same. Altho i'm curious how it can keep going to FD5??

#21. Evil Dead (2013) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

I rated this 3 1/2 when I watched it 2 years ago for this thread...it has earned another 1/2 skull since then, as I do prefer the extra gore and other things in this unrated version.

View attachment 114836
I watched this in Theaters when it came out and I got the blu-ray too. I don't remember it being different when I watched it so I don't think mine is the unrated version and now I want to look for the Unrated version because I loved this remake.

MOVIE #37
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
View attachment 114575
Of the iconic slasher films, this might be my favorite. Much of the movie taking place during dreams allows the film to conjure up a lot of creative and creepy imagery, which it has plenty of. This is before a long line of sequels turned Freddy Krueger into a wisecracking joke; in this film, he is legitimately threatening and, quite literally, the stuff of nightmares. The mere concept of a killer that attacks you in your sleep is such a genius idea for a horror movie. While a lot of slasher movies have aged poorly with time, this one is still a very well-made and ingenious work of horror.

Final rating: πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
I've somehow never gotten around to watching this. I need to add to my list this month.

Last edited:
#22. The Funhouse (1981) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

It's hard not to compare all other Tobe Hooper movies to the classic that is The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, but this one isn't too bad for what it is. Word is this is the movie that got him the Poltergeist job, and there are some moments in it that I can tell he later used for that movie.
20211014_063332 (2).jpg

MOVIE #41
Halloween II (2009)
R (38).jpeg
I actually thought this was an improvement over the first one. It still has its issues but I liked the story it told and it felt like a natural continuation from the first movie. I found the movie's dive into the connection between Laurie Strode and Michael Myers interesting and Scout Taylor-Compton's performance felt very believable for the character. I also think turning Dr. Loomis into a jackass who blatantly exploits the tragedy for fame was a fun idea. That said, if the treatment of the Michael Myers character in the first movie rubbed you the wrong way, then this one won't do anything to win you over. Rob Zombie doubles down on giving insight into the psyche of the killer, and while personally I think it works for the story the movie is telling, I can see why Halloween fans would not like the mystique of the character being removed even further. By the end of the movie, he is completely unmasked and even yells "DIE!" as he kills Dr. Loomis. But if you can look past Zombie's reinterpretation, I think there's actually a lot to like here. While the violence is still very brutal (this might even be a bit more violent than the first movie), I think there's also some well-executed psychological horror here that you wouldn't typically expect from a Rob Zombie movie. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Final rating: πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

MOVIE #41
Halloween II (2009)
View attachment 114859
I actually thought this was an improvement over the first one. It still has its issues but I liked the story it told and it felt like a natural continuation from the first movie. I found the movie's dive into the connection between Laurie Strode and Michael Myers interesting and Scout Taylor-Compton's performance felt very believable for the character. I also think turning Dr. Loomis into a jackass who blatantly exploits the tragedy for fame was a fun idea. That said, if the treatment of the Michael Myers character in the first movie rubbed you the wrong way, then this one won't do anything to win you over. Rob Zombie doubles down on giving insight into the psyche of the killer, and while personally I think it works for the story the movie is telling, I can see why Halloween fans would not like the mystique of the character being removed even further. By the end of the movie, he is completely unmasked and even yells "DIE!" as he kills Dr. Loomis. But if you can look past Zombie's reinterpretation, I think there's actually a lot to like here. While the violence is still very brutal (this might even be a bit more violent than the first movie), I think there's also some well-executed psychological horror here that you wouldn't typically expect from a Rob Zombie movie. Overall, I enjoyed it.

I should add a disclaimer to this that I watched the unrated director's cut, which is apparently a completely different movie than what they showed in theaters. I don't know if I've ever even seen the theatrical version, but if you give this a chance I would recommend the uncut version.

I did just get a tracking number for the Halloween sets from Sacred Bones, so maybe I will get them by Halloween.
I got 1,3-5 through yesterday from Zavvi. I tried to get the Scream factory ones with the vinyl and pins but they don’t ship to U.K.
I think H2 has been delayed. I saw some video on Twitter from a Canadian guy saying H2 was delayed for international but you could pick it up in USA. Something to do with a misprint on the blu ray sleeve.

#23. Halloween (2018) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

I have to say that it takes A LOT for me not to like a movie. If it's made well and the acting isn't awful, I can usually have a good time with a movie.

This one I liked...knowing it was part of a trilogy, it would be hard to fault issues with plot knowing that there are 2 more parts to the story. My score of this may change once all 3 are released.

20211014_122928 (2).jpg

#24. Halloween Kills (2021) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

Being a part 2 of 3, there really isn't a beginning or end...not much in actual plot either. More backstory and flashbacks that I actually didn't mind.

I liked this one pretty much as much as H18.

20211015_020628.jpg

MOVIE #41
Halloween II (2009)

For what they are, I really like Zombie's Halloween movies. The Unrated part 2 being the better of them.

#24. Halloween Kills (2021) πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€ πŸ’€

Being a part 2 of 3, there really isn't a beginning or end...not much in actual plot either. More backstory and flashbacks that I actually didn't mind.

I liked this one pretty much as much as H18.

View attachment 114902
Interesting.

I managed to vpn and get a sub to peacocktv working so I watched it this morning. I’m still not sure what I make of it tbh.

Back