$0V Sale - How'd Ya Do?

Nice those Motown reissues are interesting.
I have that Elton can't decide if it's worth opening or take it to the local trade.

For the price they're easy buys if you at all like the music. I've listened to the Diana Ross especially quite a few times in the last year or so!

Yeah, i'm with you 100%, it's the only one out of the 4 I haven't opened up and cleaned yet. If i'm being honest, it has 'Listen to once and never again' written all over it even though it does interest me a bit.

Has anyone here actually played the Jewel Box and have an opinion on it sound wise?

Took delivery of my first $oV order. J&K Stonebone.

On the bright side, it’s quiet and sounds really good. On the less bright side, it’s comically warped, but I think the Vinyl Flat will improve or fix it. If not, I have another copy coming, so I’m sure that’ll be flat and really noisy, and if I add them together, I’ll have one flat, quiet copy.

It’s red vinyl without a hype sticker, so it doesn’t precisely match what’s on Discogs.

The most disappointing thing, however, and it may rise to the level of complete BS if I’m being overly dramatic, is that this order included one item, and I received only one item. Based on other shipments reported here, this is an outrage. If I order 1 record for $8, I damn well expect and better receive 3-4 records.

Looks like I'm only missing the Pearl Jam album out of all my single orders. But I've received an extra Paul is Live and I have one from them out for delivery today and another in informed delivery that says they've gotten preshipment info for. So either I'm getting another album I didn't order, or they're shipping one of the double orders. I don't get hoe they're going to sort this out since they aren't updating their website. Only two show as fulfilled on their site.

I wonder how long they'll hold our money before giving refunds if they don't plan on filling the double orders. They refunded the insane ones within a day. That kind of makes sense because it screwed up their inventory a lot more, but if they could do that so fast then it's a bit shady that they aren't refunding these others quickly if they don't plan on fulfilling them.

I wonder how long they'll hold our money before giving refunds if they don't plan on filling the double orders. They refunded the insane ones within a day. That kind of makes sense because it screwed up their inventory a lot more, but if they could do that so fast then it's a bit shady that they aren't refunding these others quickly if they don't plan on fulfilling them.

I don't think there is evidence they don't plan on filling them yet.

The double orders mostly occured on day 2/day 3 as the first was mostly a rush to get orders in of titles before they sold out.

From what I've seen with my order numbers, there was a massive jump in them between day 1 and 2 as word got out. I'm guessing that they simply haven't gotten to generating the shipments for most double orders yet.

I look at the fact that they were quick to cancel the multiple copies yet leave the multiple orders open as stronger evidence that they will ship

I don't get how they're going to sort this out since they aren't updating their website. Only two show as fulfilled on their site.
I had three orders that show as unfulfilled but have been delivered. Each package had a packing slip with the correct item and order number. So, I think they know whether orders have been fulfilled. I am guessing their systems are inefficiently designed and aren't integrated well.

The double orders mostly occured on day 2/day 3 as the first was mostly a rush to get orders in of titles before they sold out.

From what I've seen with my order numbers, there was a massive jump in them between day 1 and 2 as word got out. I'm guessing that they simply haven't gotten to generating the shipments for most double orders yet.

I look at the fact that they were quick to cancel the multiple copies yet leave the multiple orders open as stronger evidence that they will ship
I hope you're right, but all my single-disc orders from days 2/3 shipped by June 22. I don't know why they wouldn't ship out all the orders they consider valid in the order received

I hope you're right, but all my single-disc orders from days 2/3 shipped by June 22. I don't know why they wouldn't ship out all the orders they consider valid in the order received

SOV is a giant distributor that has shown little rhyme or reason in the past on how they ship or when.

The comfort is that if you ordered something you will eventually get it. You might even get it again in six months if their system doesn't close out your order. Who knows

It's definitely weird.

My very first order was for 3. I didn't even know that wasn't supposed to be possible because it did happen. Like you say, I didn't order the first day, though. I also never got my first 2 orders, I got 2 single orders I placed afterwards.

I have a couple more single orders with zero movement, too. I'm curious to see how this shakes out.

I’m still waiting on Macca’s Amoeba record, which I ordered by itself. Also waiting two other orders with multiples but those will probably be cancelled. None of those have popped up on my Informed Delivery yet.

Last edited:
I got two more today. Cream live and the Can You Ever Forgive Me soundtrack.
Informed delivery doesn't show any more packages coming, but I'm still missing Nirvana Unplugged, Nelly, The Bravery, and Diana Ross and The Supremes from single orders. Plus my last order which was my only multiple disc order and was Sarah Vaughn and Kenny Cox.

Nothing has arrived for me, nor anything in Informed Delivery. First order was on the 20th, 2 of them were 2 albums, 2 were single album orders.

Back