Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week

8AB1D59F-D2FC-4485-9839-39916A34D7AB.jpeg

Another week where most of my streaming time went to audiobooks and podcasts. Did find some quality time to listen to records so that’s nice and made up for most of my music this week (blossom, alkaline trio, phantom thread and Scott pilgrim). Kali Uchis is still proving to me why she is my AOTY and my love for it got even stronger the past month. After spinning Simz last week I spent more time streaming because I some how forgot how fantastic it is. Miley, Taylor and Jon are the 3 Grammy noms I still don’t feel that familiar with and this week didn’t really change that. Taylor knows how to write an ear worm so I’m a bit more solid in my opinion of her, Jon is just a little too long and a little too uneven to have a strong opinion on as of now. Miley may just be the most forgettable album I’ve heard in a long time I listened to it multiple times this week and it still feels like I remember none of it, just goes in one ear and right out the other

My week:

collage.jpg

1. Pitchfork Sunday review - dig this a lot...
2. New and long Willie
3. Generator
4. I wanted to listen to Waylon earlier this week. I think it was because I was in my wife's car and the phone wasn't getting a good signal and the tribute album (I've Always Been Crazy) was in her glove box...
5. YOU CAN'T SAY I DON'T TRY WITH THESE FUCKING GENERATOR ALBUMS (THIS ONE IS AWFUL)
6. Did you know this is one of my all time favorite albums? I need to clean and spin my vinyl copy that I got of the new reissue.
7. Generator tangent - the album chosen for this artist was so-so, I really dug this one though.
8. NEW JAZZ and it's pretty good.
9. Another Generator project that I was kind of unfamiliar with, however, I absolutely love it.

My Week:
collage.jpg

1. First record to hit the table from presents and after the end of Christmas music season.
2. Working through lots of best of appearances I don't know, this from Qobuz
3. OBSESSION
4, 5, 6 - generator project
7. My own project with the Beatles catalog moves on to the second album
8. the other 1000 albums book
9. I don't actually think I gave the full album a listen, it's good.

My week:
collage.jpg
1 was a discovery through Qobuz that I dig, imagine a funky Adele and you are sort of on the right track.
2 and 6 are because I am a nerd and have fallen down a rabbit hole on youtube.
3 and 7 are the other 1000 recording book.
4,5,8 and 9 are the generator.

My week:
IMG_5244.jpeg1. I really dig this Sprints album, a lot.
2,3,4 and 7. the generator ptoject
5 professor of rock
6. Playing through Manic Street Preachers stalled when I had to purchase this (snagged Postcards as well). Shows how bad YouTube streams can be cause god is the full album playlist I found awful.
8. I’m firmly a Steely Dan fan now, been working through that catalog as well.
9. The other book.

Back