Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

My week

AD2E2CDC-8726-4A9A-96F2-ACF0403CB37F.jpeg

I really couldn’t focus on music this week. Did spin quite a bit for the challenge thread though. Lana and Janelle are the only Grammy noms I spent time with this week, really slacking on listening to them this year. Kali Uchis has the first good album of 2024 and I’m still obsessed with these Last Dinner Party singles

My week
IMG_5299.jpeg
1,2,9 generator
3 the other book
4 bin and stereogum aotw
5,7,8 the professor
6 MANICS

THAT Shuggie is great and I actually listened to a good chunk of his catalog that night. That’s an album I will be hunting down for sure.

Eminem is only there as a function of large tracklist. I didn’t really like it when it came out, like even less of it now. It’s kind of the epitome of something that hasn’t aged well.

That Jefferson Airplane album is kind of strange. I will probably revisit it some sometime soon would like to hear it over the hifi or in the b&ws. The work speaker didn’t really do it any favors.

My week:
1706242625328.png
1. I spent a lot of time listening to this this week trying to figure out what I thought of it. I like it, I don't love it. I do like more with each listen. One of those albums that makes me question my biases in music.
2. A great new album, can't wait to clean the vinyl and give it a spin.
3. Three through six are the generator. Callahan is basically new to me and I love this, assume I will explore his catalog one day when I am done with the Manics.
7. Pitchfork sunday. My wife was like who is this and then like why haven't I been listening to them. so that is a win.
8. I honestly was listening to this when I went to sleep at night and after the Gordon Lightfoot album that was released on Quadio because it came up when I searched him. I don't really remember any of it, so I guess it did it's job. Very much want to give it a listen one day though.
9. Rhino Album of the day. Love this one, another catalog I am not super familiar with and need to correct.

My week:
IMG_5433.jpeg1 & 5 obsession
2 pretty good new stuff
3 & 7 generator
4 because I hate Richard Hammond?
6 kid!
8 other book (just read the entry tonight was surprised to find out this is a sampler of the box I have on vinyl)
9 the good professor

My week
IMG_5553.jpeg
1. My aotw
2. Challenge thread play
3, 5-8. Generator project (I really like the Drake)
4. Happenstance that this is where I am in my playthrough of the Manics when they announce the reissue.
9. I really dig this album.

Back