Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

RSHD.gif

My week! I didnt actually get around to listening to a whole lot of new music this week, I was more preoccupied with finishing up work for school, so a lot of what's here was actually being used as background music while I worked/studying. Who knew Burial made such good studying music?
collage (59).jpeg

Last week:

LastFmMay.jpg

Breakdown
Still mostly listening to releases from this year, and got my first taste in trying some more daring music. On that topic, Black Dresses was...interesting. I may have found a Tier I candidate with the new Yves Tumor record. I remain obsessed with Laura Marling's Song For Our Daughter. Finally got around to listening to Sawayama in full but I found the non-singles to be what hooked me most, with "Love Me 4 Me" being a dazzling highlight! Caribou's Our Love has been on repeat at work, and it has helped with being productive.

Last week:

View attachment 45040

Breakdown
Still mostly listening to releases from this year, and got my first taste in trying some more daring music. On that topic, Black Dresses was...interesting. I may have found a Tier I candidate with the new Yves Tumor record. I remain obsessed with Laura Marling's Song For Our Daughter. Finally got around to listening to Sawayama in full but I found the non-singles to be what hooked me most, with "Love Me 4 Me" being a dazzling highlight! Caribou's Our Love has been on repeat at work, and it has helped with being productive.
The Yves Tumor and Rina Sawayama albums definitely going to be pretty high on my year-end list, I'm glad you liked them! As for Black Dresses... while I enjoyed it immensely it feels like one of those albums I need to put a big disclaimer over before recommending because I can easily see their style being very unappealing to a lot of listeners. I've been with them since I heard their album Thank You last year and believe it or not, this new one is actually fairly toned down from that.

Back