Your week in music (last.fm collages...)

An all time classic! Soft spot for quality power pop. Wish he'd make another record along with playing with Dwight Yoakum.

My wife and I went to see him live on one of our first dates and he was playing a lot of new material then. My friend Anna is the head of his record label Tallboy Records and has said that he basically lost interest in releasing that second album.

He was doing a lot at the time. Playing guitar with an Elvis tribute act at Disneyland, hosting a radio show in L.A., touring with Sha Na Na. He also plays most of the electric guitar parts on John Hoskinson's two albums, which are both excellent. Better than Eugene's own work in my opinion.

My wife and I went to see him live on one of our first dates and he was playing a lot of new material then. My friend Anna is the head of his record label Tallboy Records and has said that he basically lost interest in releasing that second album.

He was doing a lot at the time. Playing guitar with an Elvis tribute act at Disneyland, hosting a radio show in L.A., touring with Sha Na Na. He also plays most of the electric guitar parts on John Hoskinson's two albums, which are both excellent. Better than Eugene's own work in my opinion.
I'll have to check those out! I knew he had other things going on, I think a podcast now too. Wish that second album would see the light of day. Super talented guy for sure.

I'll have to check those out! I knew he had other things going on, I think a podcast now too. Wish that second album would see the light of day. Super talented guy for sure.

Living in L.A. I saw him quite a few times. He was always playing back then. John Hoskinson was in his band and vice versa so they'd always play together and would do two sets. Eugene might be the best guitarist I've ever seen live. So talented.

I’ve taken, recently, to deleting and rescrobbling stuff that last.fm doesn’t recognize as the same. Mostly because 1999 was gonna drive me batshit insane.

I've definitely considered doing that (especially with Lana's nfr) but there was no saving this lizzo one. I got over 200 on the standard addition and then over 200 on the deluxe edition before I noticed they scrobbled differently

I've definitely considered doing that (especially with Lana's nfr) but there was no saving this lizzo one. I got over 200 on the standard addition and then over 200 on the felix edition before I noticed they scrobbled differently
Yeah, I mean there are things like The White album that I’m just gonna have to live with inaccurate data, but I want it to be improved moving forward.

I’m gonna have to check out this Eugene Edwards. I feel like my listening preferences are a neat conjunction of a vin diagram of @Matt M and @Bohnjaggs

His style is similar to The Smithereens, Crowded House, Squeeze... In fact he used to cover "Goodbye Girl" in concert ... Even when I saw him with the Elvis act at Disneyland

I’ve taken, recently, to deleting and rescrobbling stuff that last.fm doesn’t recognize as the same. Mostly because 1999 was gonna drive me batshit insane.

What bothers me more are my multiple artist entries ...

Elvis Costello
Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Elvis Costello and the Imposters
Jenny Lewis
Jenny Lewis w/ the Watson Twins
"Weird Al" Yankovic (with and without the quotes)

I wish there was a way to merge those ...

What bothers me more are my multiple artist entries ...

Elvis Costello
Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Elvis Costello and the Imposters
Jenny Lewis
Jenny Lewis w/ the Watson Twins
"Weird Al" Yankovic (with and without the quotes)

I wish there was a way to merge those ...
Brutal Youth must really piss you off then.

His style is similar to The Smithereens, Crowded House, Squeeze... In fact he used to cover "Goodbye Girl" in concert ... Even when I saw him with the Elvis act at Disneyland
Smithereens is the nail on the head my friend. Fun record and the guitar work is pretty damn nice.

Back