Your Fave is Problematic

Cross-post from the Comics Corner thread:

Fuck!

Damn.

If the allegations are true, then he did a horrible cruelty to those he allegedly victimized and the pressure woman have to stay silent is amplified by this kind of thing. Which would make me think he's an even bigger dirt bag. If the allegations are false, then this is a tragedy and the accusers should face consequences.

We're lucky to not have to be in a position to sort that out. No matter which way it plays out, lots of people's lives have been traumatized as a result.

But I can't help in some ways but think of David Foster Wallace and that essay by Jonathan Franzen who accused him of suicide to cement his literary fame...

If the allegations are true, then he did a horrible cruelty to those he allegedly victimized and the pressure woman have to stay silent is amplified by this kind of thing. Which would make me think he's an even bigger dirt bag. If the allegations are false, then this is a tragedy and the accusers should face consequences.

We're lucky to not have to be in a position to sort that out. No matter which way it plays out, lots of people's lives have been traumatized as a result.

But I can't help in some ways but think of David Foster Wallace and that essay by Jonathan Franzen who accused him of suicide to cement his literary fame...
I never read that franzen thing about DFW and just the mention of it makes me think less of Franzen, who I did not have a high opinion of to begin with

I heard about this on the radio today. The fact that 2 other people corroborate parts of Cassandra’s story and just Ditty in general makes it both unsurprising but also upsetting that he victimized her for years. I also heard she was offered a ton of hush money that she refused to take.
I used to work for a company that had sexual harassment insurance. Something I question if it should be legal.

Since the dawn of music, there has been some heinous shit attached to it.

It's kinda curious Tim Jonze doesn't even bring up Jimmy Page in this article, easily Lori's most publicly recognized affair when she was a minor.

Since the dawn of music, there has been some heinous shit attached to it.

It's kinda curious Tim Jonze doesn't even bring up Jimmy Page in this article, easily Lori's most publicly recognized affair when she was a minor.

My reading of the piece was that it’s intended to provoke a conversation rather than definitively list out everyone who’s ever done anything bad. Bowie’s probably a better candidate for a counterpoint to the obviousness of R Kelly or Whacko given his profile and acclaim than Zeppelin who, even putting Page aside, were plain pretty questionable even in their heyday.

Last edited:
Back