Your Dream Pressing(s)

Been thinking about this a bit. Here's some of my leaders in the clubhouse, avoiding represses unless there's some specific inclusion/update, my Top 5. I only really see 1 and 5 really having a shot tbh.

Sarah Jarosz - Song Up In Her Head - Her debut is her only album not to be on wax (though good luck finding Follow Me Down) and probably her most traditional Bluegrass release, a genre I feel translates particularly well to the medium.

Boyhood - OST - As far as I can see, only a limited selection of music from the film has been pressed. This is, for my money, the best pop compilation soundtrack of the last 20 years or so and I'd pay a pretty sum for a full accounting of the music in this film on vinyl. I'd even take the limited selection at this point.

A Fine Frenzy - Oh Blue Christmas -One of the more understated, beautiful Christmas EPs, would be a seasonal spin and really is a gem of the Indie-Christmas world

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - This Is Somewhere - An absolute monster of a folk, soul-inspired album from Grace Potter who, in my view, got big off of the wrong album. I don't need anything special with this one.

Everclear - Songs From An American Movie Pts. 1 and 2- Intervention Records has already done HQ presses of Sparkle and Fade and So Much For The Afterglow, and I know to many this is where they really lost it...but chart wise SfaAM Pt. 1 was probably their biggest album at the time and you may as well package them together. As far as I can tell, the only time you see these songs on vinyl is a GH repressing with AA's current voice which is...not my jam. Ideally Intervention would finish off the relevant Everclear albums and do a package of these two.

And a bonus 7" request

Joy Kills Sorrow - Such Great Heights - Hot take - the best cover of a super oft covered song, and I love the Iron and Wine version as well. Given they no longer exist and the only compilation it showed up on isn't exactly hugely in demand it'll never happen.

If I went to repressings this list would be a LOT longer, so I'll stick with this.

Back