Your Dream Pressing(s)

gaporter

Does anyone else often find themselves thinking not only of what albums they'd like see pressed or repressed, but specifically, how they would do it if given the chance? If you have an idea in your head of what would be the "perfect" pressing of an album you like, share it! You can be as detailed as you want and even make a mockup if you feel like. I'm curious if this is just a me thing or if others have ideas about this too!

I've fantasized about Queens of the Stone Age doing a box set release of everything they've released plus any b-sides/demos. I'd want it to be sourced directly from whatever they originally mastered to and pressed at QRP and let's make it 200g, cuz why not. Any remastering work would have to include Josh Homme along for the ride so Artist intent remains. It would be around 14-16 LPs and I'd pay anything for it. I need to think more about the packaging details....

I would love to see a reissue series of the original Jamaican mixes of albums that the UK record companies (Island, mostly) edited in some way when they were released for UK/EU/North America, including:

Burning Spear "Marcus Garvey"
The Upsetters "Scratch the Super Ape" (released as "Super Ape" in the UK)
The Congos "Heart of the Congos"

I'm sure there's many more!

One I'd love to see get a vinyl treatment at some point (though pretty unlikely) is Mew's A Triumph for Man
The vinyl could be colored a hue of brown to match the album cover. I think it could fit onto one record, even though the way I envision it, side B would be pushing 25 minutes. However. since the album has a more lo-fi sound, I don't think you'd be sacrificing much to press it as a single record, nor would there be much to gain in spreading it over two. Side A would be from "Wheels Over Me" to "Life is Not Distant", side B would be "No Shadow Kick" to "Coffee Break"

Hey @Joe Mac what you pay for the Bllod on the Tracks MoFI ? Suddenly i want it but wondering if price of around £130 was the RRP ?
It’s a pricey record ?

The ultra disc cost me £139 from www.snvinyl.co.uk they are currently selling it for £149. I think the RRP in the US is $125

Yeah thought as much - A lot to pay yet i’m still tempted.
I have the spare cash tbh but i also have Madlib - Flight to Brazil sitting in a Kallax doing little. I might attempt to recoup as much of cost as possible to justify it 🙂

Bob Schneider - Lonelyland

I've heard it might happen this year (20th anniversary). Would be awesome to bundle with a 2nd disc with the best live version of each song (part of his Frunk catalog).

I wish somebody would FINALLY release Tori Amos' From The Choirgirl Hotel, To Venus And Back, Strange Little Girls, Scarlet's Walk and The Beekeeper. Honestly I don't care if it's colored or just black, just GIMME THOSE VINYLZZZZZZZ.

Esthero - Breath From Another, on electric blue with white splatter.
Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets (black and red and blue splatter). I really don't understand how a vinyl reissue of this album hasn't happened yet.
Cowboy Junkies - Lay It Down (black and white vinyl) and Open (black and pink and light green).
The Divine Comedy - Fin De Siecle (grey and black splatter). I mean, all their albums prior to Foreverland needs to be reissued yesterday, but this one is the one I want the most.
Catatonia. All their albums. All of them.
Pj Harvey - Dry and Is This Desire?
Melanie C - Northen Star (orange vinyl), Beautiful Intentions (grey) and The Sea (different shades of blue vinyl). And Spiceworld too, how come nobody released this one yet?

Slipknot - Iowa and Vol. 3 Subliminal Verses

Iowa on a white with Black splatter, and Vol.3 on a red and black marbled

I would love for Cafe Tacvba's double album Reves/Yo Soy to be released on vinyl. First part(Reves) is almost completely instrumental(except one song). While Yo Soy is a collection of songs from the "Re" era that hadn't been released, except played live.

Back