World Music thread

my digging into this (not really yet, but learning of it):

lead to this discovery:
I stopped checking pan-african-music.com as often as I had been toward the end of last year when their updates started slowing, but I just now noticed they've got a best of 2022 list which I'm about to check out after I drop the link here:

Decided it should be shared here.

I've been making an effort to add at least one global listen to my weekly listening playlist every week. I've been working through Realworld's recent releases. This sitar based album is really nice and the one that I had in my list this week:

I've been making an effort to add at least one global listen to my weekly listening playlist every week. I've been working through Realworld's recent releases. This sitar based album is really nice and the one that I had in my list this week:

Realworld is so good, and I'm a big fan of Habibi Funk and Sahel Sounds as my go-to labels to check out artists. All these labels definitely get mentioned a lot here.

If you haven't checked this album out though, one of my favorite albums of recent years. Just as I searched it I'm noticing there are only 6 records left on bandcamp. The vinyl sounds really nice for a quiet album.

Back