Willie Nelson’s Spirit to be repressed

AVLRobert

Let’s hope it’s better than the 2017 RSD version, as that was less than stellar. Anyone know any pressing info for the upcoming release?

Let’s hope it’s better than the 2017 RSD version, as that was less than stellar. Anyone know any pressing info for the upcoming release?

"Originally released by Island Records in 1996, Spirit is newly remastered and housed in a gatefold jacket. This is a chance to own this unique album in its most beautifully presented form."

This vague and unspecific passage from the LITA website is all I've found so far.

looks to have a discogs entry, RTI pressing & looks like it is the same mastering by John Golden

edit - juist noticed that contradicts the LITA description

I haven't listened to the BFRSD release too many times, but I don't remember it being all that bad

The 2017 was pretty noisy, and cut off center badly. I mean my cartridge looked like is was dancing to samba music while playing. Fingers crossed this one is free of those defects, as it is a great album.

For any Willie fans out there, the new vinyl is definitely worth getting. Much better than the 2017 colored vinyl. Not dead quiet, but any imperfections are barely noticeable, and the music sounds really good. Totally solid pressing of this amazing album.

Back